Ch 26 - A Change of Scene

I was still walking through this long hallway that seemed to have no end.

There were no windows or any doors in this long passage that seemed to lead to the 2nd trial room. The only thing in here was the dimly lit lamps hanging on the wall that lit this passage.

I can't fathom why the two trial rooms are placed so far apart.

I didn't have any urge to rush to the next trial room anyway. I was walking at my normal pace to conserve all my energy for the next trial that I have to go through.

I started to think back to my experience back in the first trial room.

The strange thing was that I felt some sort of rejection from the crystal ball at first. Even the mana threads were avoiding my hands. I almost thought I was one of the rejects for a second there.

But then I had that strange dream.

What was it again?

"Arrgh!" I screamed, clutching my head.

Just when I tried to remember what I had dreamed, the headache kicked in.

The severe pain was like something that I never experienced before.

It felt like somebody was hitting a nail in my head piercing through my skull.

I almost was about to pass out but I quickly managed to grab onto the wall and kept myself on my feet. I gritted my teeth and started taking deep breaths. If I pass out now, the authorities will definitely fail me.

I still have a lot to do and I can't just fail here on the very first trial.

It took a few minutes before the pain disappeared like it never even existed.

What the hell is going on?

Why am I starting to get these headaches, all of a sudden?

I never had this problem ever before but after coming in contact with that crystal ball.

Is this some sort of sign of some diseases?

Am I rejected by the mana?

Many more such doubts started to rise in my mind.

But I shook off all the negative thoughts and just focused on what to do next.

"I wasted a lot of time, I should hurry.," I said to myself while speeding up.

After walking for a few more minutes I finally reached a big double door.

This door looked exactly like the entrance of the first trial room.

Although unlike before, nobody was standing here to welcome the candidates.

I stood in front of the door and gave myself one thorough checkup.

I saw there were no visible injuries or even patches of blood on my full bodysuit. The only thing I did suffer was a bit of headache which didn't last long. It's best if I don't mention it to my supervisors.

I finally grabbed onto the door handles and pushed the door open.

Just as I opened the door, I was greeted by a bright light that almost managed to blind me.

I walked inside the room taking a few steps and waited for my vision to adjust.

A gust of cool wind hit me, surprising me a bit.

After a few seconds, my vision finally started to set in and I could finally see.

"Where the hell am I now?" I asked myself.