016 | psycho.

Reggie left without seeing daryl's reaction, because quite frankly, he just wasn't ready to see it

Reggie left without seeing daryl's reaction, because quite frankly, he just wasn't ready to see it. it was as simple as that. whether the reaction would've been good, which would class as daryl asking reggie if he was okay, and maybe even as far as a hug - and the bad, being if daryl accused reggie of lying because he was just ashamed about hooking up with somebody like shane. he didn't want to be there to see that outcome. he didn't want to be there to feel that outcome. he didn't want to be there to feel anything, only wanting his bed in that moment. he wanted to take the pills, and he wanted to go to sleep. he wanted to sleep, and wake up to just realise it was all a bad dream. he knew that wouldn't happen, but it was nice to just sit and imagine it for a moment or two.

when he got back, he saw that everyone was moving into the house. he knew that hershel had been talking about it since what happened with dale. he said it was because of the cold, but he could tell that hershel had just grown fond of the group, particularly rick, and dale's death was an eye opener that they probably shouldn't have been sleeping in tents in the yard. it was like an open buffet for the dead. reggie wasn't the fondest about the living under the same roof as shane situation, but it wasn't like he could say anything without telling people the reason why. telling daryl was enough for one day. reggie would just make sure that he locked his bedroom door before going to sleep at night.

"get what you needed?" hershel asked, as reggie walked into the kitchen, seeing everyone's stuff on the living room floor. daryl was yet to come into the house, though.

"yeah," reggie said, shuffling on his feet. "sorry 'bout that, by the way. i didn't mean to just storm off. i should'a said bye."

"yeah, you should've. it's all right, though. you can make it up to me by going to feed the horses." hershel said, putting a hand on reggie's shoulder with a harmless smile. it didn't seem so harmless, though, because the horses were in the stables. and the stables were where that happened.

"the stables?" reggie raised his eyebrows, making hershel furrow his own. when reggie was younger, feeding the horses was his most favourite activity. now, it seemed like he didn't want to.

"is there a problem with that, son?" hershel asked. reggie wasn't ready to tell another person about what happened to him, so he just gave his dad a small, fake smile as he nodded his head.

"no, no problem. i'll do it now." reggie said, nodding his head. hershel gave him a smile and a pat on his shoulder as he walked away. reggie put his sword on the kitchen table, before walking out of the house and making his way to the stables.

reggie walked slowly on the grass as he approached the stables, and his mind was going faster than it had ever gone before. as he got closer, the memories were just spilling into his head and it just didn't feel great at all. he didn't want to be near the stables, or in the stables, but he also didn't want to tell anyone else what shane did. deep down, reggie knew he didn't do anything wrong, and he didn't choose to do it. however, further up in his head, he was embarrassed about it. he was embarrassed because he was too weak to fight shane on it, and all he did was cry and let shane take advantage of him. he didn't know why he did that. it wasn't fair on himself, because in his mind, it was something he could have stopped. he could've hit him, he could've done something.