Chapter 1 || Visions

"---And we're live!"

Fuzzy visions appears before then slowly clearing up, the camera focusing on the news-reporter holding the microphone in her hand, while paparazzi are taking photos, flashing across the area. The women cleared up her throat, before looking straight at the camera.

"Good-morning everyone, welcome to the local news, as of now in the present it has been two years since the monsters had come out from the underground and adapted to living in our environment. While some have not yet gotten used to them and are still ravaging to this day, others have been accepting and supportive of their kind."

Long ago before I was even born, monsters had been sent to the underground for generations, and now here they are-"

The TV had then suddenly switched to another channel, now suddenly performing a more cartoony animation. With goofy looking characters talking and doing random things. A frustrated groan was heard, "Sans! I was watching the news!" A tall skeleton, wearing pajamas turned their head to look at the short skeleton, who had a remote in his hand.
I'm pretty sure you know who these people are.

The supposed short one 'Sans', shrugged, smiling lazily. "Sorry Paps, I got bored of it once she started talking, besides you love this show" he said before then continuing on to what he was doing, which surprisingly, was making coffee. The tall one 'Paps' who's full name was 'Papyrus' had made a pout. "Well I was interested in what she was going to say, and also, I loved Goofy Goobers when I was twelve, Sans, I've grown out of it".

Sans let out a chuckle, circling the spoon in the coffee, mixing it in with the cream and milk he had just put in. "Well, a bit of nostalgia always brings you back to the old times, you should try it." He said before then gently grabbing his cup from the handle and walked over to sit onto the couch next to Papyrus.
Papyrus sighed and looked at the TV, watching the show he had loved since he was a little kid, he remembered it was one of the few shows that ever appeared on TV in the underground since they didn't have much access to things humans would. While the animation was funky and weird, it was what caught his attention, he always had snacks with him whenever the show aired on TV, forcing his older brother to watch it with him.

It was nice, unfortunately, the show had then cancelled due to problems with the people working with the show, they had gotten into a humongous fight leading it to the end of the show since they didn't want to work with each other anymore. Papyrus was sad when he heard the news, he remembered when his brother cheered him up, and offered to watch something else, but it wasn't the same.

Looking back at it now, Papyrus chuckled at the memories he made back under Mt. Ebott. It was small, but it was all he needed, and it was enough to make him happy. He worked so hard trying to get himself to be a Royal Guard, and he had achieved his dream goal. Ever since they went out, two years past and King Asgore is now retired, so was Toriel, Undyne had took the job of being a police officer, and him? Well, he's trying to figure that out, he could also be apart of the police force, but Papyrus had been more interested in cooking, maybe he could one day open a restaurant.

"Nostalgic, huh?"

Papyrus's thoughts had been interrupted and looked over at Sans. Papyrus then nodded, "Yeah, it is"

Sans chuckled and takes a sip of his drink, watching the show. It was nice of the humans to keep the show on the media, not only that but a group of people had the permission to continue the show, and so they did. Of course. .in his opinion, the reboot was alright, although it didn't really had the same charm as the original, that was the sad part. Sans didn't mind though, and neither did Papyrus. After all, it is what it is.

Papyrus looks over at the clock and then gets up, "Well I'm gonna go get dressed, it's shopping day for us" he said, before getting up the stairs. "And please pick up that sock Sans, that thing has been there for the past ten days"
Sans shrugged, "I will, I will" he says.