Chapter 12. Fallen

There is discussions of a previous abusive relationship w/ a lot of confrontation and yelling throughout this chapter. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

•───•⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇•───•

"Minho?" The voice next to him questions quietly, eyes failing to leave the siren calling him from inches away. His eyes were wide, almost afraid, but he did his best to relax his shoulders and calm his heart, staring into eyes that once struck fear into his mind.

"What's wrong, Minho? You didn't miss me?" Min-Ji smirks as she looks at Minho, her head gently tilting to the right. Minho's jaw tenses nervously, swallowing the saliva sitting on his tongue. He was wordless for once in his life, eyes staring into a face he thought he'd never see again.

"Let's go." Han gently tugs on Minho's hand, but for some reason, Minho stands like a statue, unwilling to move. "Minho?"

Han's eyes stare at him in confusion, eyes searching his face for some sort of clue as to why he was so speechless, but Han can hear the voices begin to scream in the back of his mind. Anxiety crawling over the hem of his spine, vibrating nervous thoughts as his eyes continue to search for something; anything.

"I didn't miss you, Min-Ji." Minho finally speaks with a slight mumble to his tone. Min-Ji can barely smile at him, gaze flicking upwards towards Minho as he stands with his hand gripping Han's.

"You never stopped lying, did you?" Min-Ji frowns, hand just barely reaching Minho's shoulder as she taps him gently. "Lying gets you nowhere."

"You were the only liar between the two of us." Minho's tone drops suddenly, causing Han to turn and look at him once more, but Minho doesn't bother to notice.

"You're so simple, Minho." Min-Ji manages a fake smile, trying to laugh away the painful tension that lingers between old partners as a crowd of people watches the entire encounter.

"Simple?" Minho's anxious trance is broken suddenly, and Han can feel the anger radiating off of his partner.

"Hey, hey. Now's not the time." Han reassures, hand finding Minho's chest as he tries to pull him away again.

"You're so fucking smug, Min-Ji." Minho takes a step backwards, finally succumbing to Han's persuasion. "Fuck you."

"Ah, well you did. Didn't you?"

Han takes a breath. "Oh no."

"You know what-?!"

"Time to go!" Han pulls with all of his strength now, pushing and pulling Minho backwards and further into the depth of the surrounding crowd, feeling eyes trailing them as he pushes and pushes.

"Bye bye Minho'ah!" Min-Ji jokingly waves after them, a smile curled to her devious lips.

"Hyung, please." Han begs, feeling Minho suddenly resist as he watches Min-Ji wink at him with a victorious grin. "This is not the place, okay?"