The Lost World: Chapter 3

Third Person POV

The group was now walking through the forest with Jason at the back behind Sarah and Ian, heading back to base camp.

Nick: "These images are incredible, legendary. Guys shoot their whole life, they never get stuff half this good. I mean you can give me the Pulitzer right now, today, please. Competition's over, close the entries. I'd like to thank everybody who lost."

Nick was about to light a smoke but Sarah saw this.

Sarah: "Don't light that. Dinosaurs can pick up scents from miles away. We're here to observe and document, not interact."

Nick put away his smoke while Jason scoffed in amusement.

Jason: "Says the one who LITERALLY interacted with an infant Stegosaur."

Sarah chuckled nervously.

Ian: "Which, by the way, is a scientific impossibility. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle. Whatever you study, you also change."

Sarah: "Well, I'll brisket. I'm sick of scratching around and rock and bone and making assumptions and deductions about the nurturing habits of animals that have been dead for 65 million years. I'm sick of it, man. Then you fill my head with stories for 4 years. So of course I'm going to come down here. What do you expect?"

Jason sighed to himself, shaking his head.

Jason: (I swear to god, these two are annoying.)

Ian: "Stories of mutilation and death. Weren't you paying attention?"

Sarah: "Oh, please! Don't treat me like a grad student. I worked around predators since I was 20 years old-- lions, jackals, hyenas, you."

Jason meanwhile smiled in amusement while his eye twitched.

Jason: "Go to Isla Sorna, John said. It would be worth it, he said. Meanwhile I'm on an island with a bunch of dinosaurs and a couple WHO CAN'T SEEM TO STOP ARGUING LIKE CHILDREN!!"

Sarah chuckled softly at Jason's frustration.

Sarah: "I'm trying to change 100 years of entrenched dogma. Dinosaurs were characterized very early on as vicious lizards. There's a great deal of resistance to the idea of them as nurturing parents. Robert Burke said that T-Rex was a rogue who would abandoned its young at the earliest opportunity. I know I can prove otherwise."

Eddie: "Fire! Dr. Malcolm, fire! Base camp!"

This made the arguing couple run to base camp while Jason just stood in the same spot before letting out a soft sigh while crossing his arms.

Jason: "Not even three hours into this operation and it's already a mess."

The teen then proceeded to walk away to make sure the surrounding area was clear of predators. While walking Jason's stomach began to growl, making him hold it tightly.

Jason: (Damn it...)

Jason immediately took out his bag of beef jerky and tossed some into his mouth, letting the salty taste hit his taste buds.

Jason: "Damn these drawbacks..."

The teen then heard the sound of helicopters in the distance which prompted him to run back to where the trailer was, looking up over the water to see helicopters bringing in both vehicles and crates.

Jason: "Fucking Ludlow..."

Jason took out a map of Isla Sorna and examined it until he saw a large area he circled before.