Chapter 4

Loves Pov

"Are you coming home soon?" Lainey asks as Sadie and I jump out of the car. "Probably not. Why?" I tell her, glancing to the brunette for a clarification nod that I can stay. "I have company. Text me before you come in." Lainey says, driving off right after.

"She is fucking disgusting." I complain, my voice filled with fake shock. I turn around, seeing Sadie waiting impatiently to go inside. I quickly catch up to her, allowing us to walk into her house together. Saide runs up the stairs ahead of me, leaving me to shut and lock the front door.

Quiet voices filled my ears as I slowly shut the door. I knew Mr. Harper was probably working, so I didn't want to disturb him. The voice of Sadie's dad grew louder and louder. I peaked around the corner, into the kitchen, seeing him entering as well.

"Yeah, William Harper." He told the person on the phone he held up to his ear. I decided the call was probably personal and unimportant to me, and made my way up the staircase to Sadie's room. "Sade." I say with a hint of concern, pushing open Sadie's cracked door.

I walk in, my eyes going straight to the brunette in the middle of the room. Her mom's yellow dress is balled up on the floor, and she's pulling a gray hoodie over her otherwise naked body. "Sorry." I apologize, turning my body and head to face away from her.

"It's fine." She giggles, letting me turn back and step further into the room nervously. I toss my bag on the floor, seeing her pull on a pair of black joggers out of the corner of my eye. "I'll be right back." She says, picking up the dress and heading for the door. "Okay."

When Sadie leaves, I begin to walk slowly around the room, taking in my surroundings. Admiring the pictures on the wall, trinkets on her desk, clothes on the floor, and the perfume on her nightstand. I focus my attention on the bottle, making my way over to it. Sitting in the edge of the bed, I carefully pick up the fragrance, popping the cap off to smell the sweet vanilla scent.

Sadie comes back in, closing the door behind her. I stand up quickly, putting the cap back on the bottle before setting it down. "So...are you okay?" I ask hesitantly, shoving my hands on my pockets to avoid looking awkward. "I've been better." She says, walking over and flopping onto the bed on her stomach and elbows.

I move to sit on the bed, then lay back right beside Sadie. "Remember when you called me in the middle of the night? You talked to me about everything. I want you to be open like that all the time." I tell her, resting my head to the side. She giggles, looking down at her hands and distracting herself by picking at her nails.

"Yeah, I remember. I don't like being that vulnerable." She says, finally looking at me. "Then why did you? Open up like that, I mean." I ask, my face contorting in confusion and wonder. "I um," She starts, small laughs breaking through her lips. Sadie and I both shoot up from the bed, hearing a loud crash from down the hall.

"The fuck?" I ask, turning to Sadie who was already looking at me. She nods her head toward the door, and we make our way there together. She opens the door, walking out into the hall with me beside her. The banging noise continues, making my nerves rise. Sadie and I slowly walk down the hall, towards the source of the noise: Her mom's painting room.

A/N
Gimme some feedback and lemme know how you're liking this book so far! I know I haven't been updating very frequently, but that's just because of school and my energy level, I love writing this book!!!