16: Deepening Ties

**Chapter 16: Deepening Ties**

The days seemed to blur into one another as Shoto and Bakugou spent their time within the forest's embrace. The once-threatening ambiance of the forest transformed into a backdrop for their budding relationship.

One afternoon, as the sun's rays penetrated the thick canopy, creating patterns on the forest floor, Shoto and Bakugou engaged in a playful game of hide and seek. Shoto found himself hidden behind a large boulder, trying hard to muffle his laughter. Suddenly, he felt a pair of hands cover his eyes. "Got you!" Bakugou's voice whispered in his ear. Shoto turned around, locking eyes with Bakugou. They both burst into laughter, falling onto the soft grass.

Another day, while traversing a particularly dense part of the forest, a beast lunged at them. Shoto instinctively moved forward to protect Bakugou but was surprised when Bakugou stepped in front, shielding him instead. The two, with their combined strengths, managed to fend off the beast, ensuring it retreated without harm. Once the danger had passed, Bakugou pulled Shoto into a tight embrace, whispering, "I can't lose you."

In the evenings, they'd sit by the fireside, sharing stories of their past. Shoto spoke of his royal life's burdens, and Bakugou talked about his loneliness and struggles in maintaining his secret identity. Their conversations often stretched into the early morning hours, the fire's warmth paling in comparison to the warmth they felt in each other's company.

One particular evening, Bakugou, looking more vulnerable than Shoto had ever seen him, presented a small hand-carved pendant. "My grandfather made this," he said softly. "He said it was to protect me. I want you to have it." The pendant, made of deep mahogany, depicted a dragon wrapped around a crescent moon. Shoto, touched by the gesture, took the pendant, tying it around his neck.

As the days progressed, Shoto noticed that Bakugou, who once maintained a protective wall around him, started to let it crumble. They'd find themselves lost in each other's eyes, or Bakugou would casually sling an arm around Shoto, pulling him close.

Their bond deepened, strengthened not just by their adventures but by the quieter moments - the gentle touches, the shared laughter, and the comforting silences. The forest bore witness to two souls intertwining, two hearts beating in unison, discovering love in its purest form.