The Gentle Angel, Elisa

A young woman was visiting her relatives in Tokyo. She finally got a chance to take a vacation to visit them after a while, she decided to pack and bought a ticket to Japan. At twenty-five years old, she was still young and wanted to explore the world and have adventures, so the trip seemed like a good idea.

Her name was Ran Li.

She had landed at the airport, with her backpack and suitcase in hand, when she saw someone who looked like a homeless man getting angry at a young boy, who looked scared. Standing in front of the child. People on the street around us were looking at us in amazement, but no one seemed to have any intention of helping her or the child.

"Move!" The man yelled at her in Japanese.

"No way. Leave the kid alone." Ran Li replied.

Too late, she realized that his other hand was not empty. What looked like a large kitchen knife flashed in his hand moments before he buried it in her chest. A cry of pain escaped my throat, the child screamed in fright and Ran Li quickly slammed her suitcase across the homeless man face knocking him out. However, the man ripped the knife from her chest, and she began to bleed heavily. The people who had been looking at us moments before were now screaming in terror.

Suddenly, her feet could no longer support her, and she fell to the ground, while the crowd and child ran to help me.

'Gods, my chest hurt so much. I hated this pain!'

Confirmed. Pain Nullification... successfully acquired.

'For some reason my chest burned, as if the blood pouring out of it was lava instead. Shit, it was just so fucking hot!'

Confirmed. Heat Resistance... successfully acquired.

'The day had started off so well...and now I was going to be stabbed to death because a thug mugging a child. I wish could hurt me like this anymore...'

Confirmed. Physical Attack Resistance...successfully acquired.

'I could feel darkness at the edges of my vision. I was going to die soon, that was for sure. My relatives in China would be devastated. My cousin Dai would probably get my room, the bastard. I wish I was a ghost so I could haunt him so he couldn't enjoy it...'

Confirmed. Building a semi-spiritual body... Successful.

'Most of the sensations in my body had already disappeared... only the cold remained. A terrible cold that chilled me to the bone...'

Confirmed. Cold Resistance... successfully acquired. Combining with previously acquired Heat Resistance, progresses to Thermal Fluctuation Resistance.

And soon, even the cold disappeared...

'Well, I'm dying alone.' By that she was unmarried and childless. 'Maybe instead of waiting for a boy to like me, I should have been more aggressive and assertive. I should do the pursuing.'

Confirmed. Unique Skill: Predator... Successfully acquired.

'There was only darkness in death... or so it seemed to me. I could feel myself floating in a sea of immense darkness... Who would have imagined that I would die in such a foolish way? Trying to look brave? I was just a bookworm, working in a little library and writer; I was nobody special...'

Confirmed. Unique skill: Librarian ... successfully acquired.

'My friends, on the other hand, they really had achieved things... Lu Wang had become a great lawyer who defended rich businessmen in the United States; and Nuo Koi had tripled his family fortune in just two years since we had last seen each other. They were both married and happy... Why could they be rich, and happy, and could live while I was the one dying alone on a street in Japan? I wanted their riches; I wanted their happiness... I wanted their lives!'