Chapter 1 - The start of something new

Coulson was up early. It was a big day for everyone. He made breakfast, then walked back upstairs. He opened the door to his room.

„Melinda, wake up! Breakfast is ready." he said to the woman still laying in bed.

„Great! I'm hungry." May answered. „But don't tell me what to do!" she added while getting up.

„You're the boss," Coulson answered jokingly. „I'll go get the kids."

In a few minutes Coulson was in the kitchen again putting eggs on eight plates and the plates on the table. The rest of the house's population started coming down. May was the first one to come down. She poured a cup of tea and sat down at the end of the table. Daisy came down next with Deke on her tail. Deke was talking enthusiastically about another theory of his and Daisy was ignoring him. Daisy sat down and Deke sat down next to her. For a moment Deke stopped talking when he heard the next two arguing on their way down. Deke continued since anyone could tell that Jemma and Fitz won't stop arguing any time soon. Jemma sat down next to Daisy and Fitz in front of Jemma. Yo-Yo arrived soon after the arguing twins. She didn't say a word, just sat down next to Fitz.

„Yo-Yo, where's Mack?" Coulson asked.

„He's too tired to move at normal speed. He was up all night. Said he wanted to finish what he was making." Yo-Yo answered.

„I'm sure he'll think twice next time if I go up to get him," May said angrily and stood up.

„Don't be so hard on him!" Coulson said. May didn't answer. Soon she was back with Mack. They both sat down.

After they all finished breakfast, the chaos continued. Now the chaos and the noise didn't come from arguing. It was everyone's first day in a new school. May and Coulson were transferred to New York from Washington at their work. It was a new beginning for everyone. Even the house was new. They moved there a few days before. The loud chaos was broken by the doorbell. The kids continued preparing as quietly as they could. May went to get the door. A man was standing there.

„Can I help you?" May asked.

„Melinda May?" The man asked back. Coulson walked to the door too. He told the kids to get out of earshot. Fitz and Jemma continued their conversation about the topic of their morning argument in the open kitchen while making tea to take with them to school. The others went upstairs to get their stuff. Yo-Yo went for her earphones, Daisy grabbed her gloves that helped her not hurt herself, Mack grabbed the toy car he made last night, and Deke put his stashed snack in his bag. May and Coulson were at the door during that.

„I am Clint Barton," The man at the door said. „I was ordered to pick you two up and take you to work."

„It's early for that, isn't it?" Coulson asked.

„It's better early than late," Barton answered.

„I'll need to take the kids to school so they won't get lost on their first day," Coulson said. „I'll find the place on my own. I've been there before."

„You sure?" May asked.

„Yeah."

„When are we leaving?" May asked, turning to Barton.

„As soon as you're ready," he answered.

„Let me grab my things!" May said then went inside. She was back quickly and left the house. Before she left, she shouted inside so everyone would know she was leaving early. After that, the ones that went upstairs came down too.

„I'll give you kids a ride," Coulson said. „I don't want you to be late on your first day."

„Please tell me we're not going with Lola," Fitz said, referring to the old car.