Chapter 11

========

========

"Did Kira find them yet?" I asked Scott once he entered the house, pulling off his hood and hanging up the rain-soaked coat before joining Liam and I in the living room.

    "Yeah. They're fine, but we've got to go." Scott nodded.

"More assassins?" Liam guessed with a sigh.

"Maybe a lot more..." Scott nodded.

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asked as the two of us followed him out into the kitchen.

"I think so, yeah..." Scott looked at Liam. "How about I take you home?"

"I'm not like you and Parker..." Liam said sadly.

"Not yet—"

"I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control—I mean everything else. You and your friends...you try to protect everyone." Liam looked at the two of us. "Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

I looked at Scott, and he looked back at me sadly before looking back at Liam. "Not all of us are..." I replied.

"Let me at least take you home." Scott said to Liam, switching subjects.

"Okay..thanks." Liam said to Scott.

Scott looked at me. "How's Stiles?"

"Melissa just texted me. He's just fine. She's taking care of him." I replied.

"Good. That's good. Hey, um.." Scott tried to find the right words. "I need you to go to Argent's place. Not his apartment, but—"

"I know the place. He called me a while ago saying that he needed to speak with me." I answered, "Probably about the assassins."

"Tell him we'll be over soon, okay?" Scott asked me.

"I will. See you, guys." I said, hugging the two boys before heading out of Scott's house.

A black Sedan pulled up alongside the curb and the window rolled down, Argent smiling over at me. "Hey."

"Hey," I greeted, getting into the car and shutting the door. "This is becoming a habit for you."

He shrugged as we pulled onto the street again. "I was headed to my place anyways. Calm down."

"Hm. Or maybe you just wanted to spend some time with your favorite Hale." I teased, poking his side.