I. THE CONVERSATIONS I HAD

12th May 2018

Xxx University
Dorm no. 109

Yibo's pov

"Ngh...go faster" the character was moaning,too loudly. So much as to draw the attention of a sleeping person.

"If you are going to watch porn, rather be it on your Bluetooth. Why is she so loud?"  Lu yu, my roommate who doesn't wear socks,asked.

" I was watching a normal movie then this happened. Not my fault." I spoke and closed my laptop.

He went back to sleep. Must be good to have a full day of sleep on Sunday. I can not sleep right now as I have classes. Yes, practical practices. Not by the uni tho,it's a group of friends."I'm going." I told him before leaving. Thankfully, the dorms were next to my music building. It's different to walk with a guitar and a seggsy face like mine.

I reach the music room and as soon as I open it, I face a very awkward situation. A guy and a girl were kissing until I realised it wasn't just any girl, it was our foreign language teacher.
I mean, I know miss hanzaki is beautiful and a mommy type women, but what the fuck. This guy is going what every guy is dreaming of.

Neither of them seem shocked in the least that someone has just caught them. I stay at the door, still, just staring at them go back at the kiss. I shut the door close. What if someone else caught them? That was not a drastic reaction like my subconscious mind had expected.

I mean, she is hot, but wtf

I just turn around and go to the library. I have to pretend I didn't see anything,I guess? Well, anyways. I find a windy spot in the library and start reading my book.

It is an old book but classic. I wasn't really into books before until I found this book and it's actually interesting. What does a music major even has to do?

{Xiao zhan's pov}

I just witnessed a crime. A teacher was making out with a student. What in the good world of God was that?? Why is it always Miss hanzaki? She is always going at it with random students. I know this well because she is my Japanese teacher.

Damn that art room. I'll never see it as untainted again. I run to the library. Seriously, one day I will ask her why she makes out with students almost half her age.
The library is always quite, it's the right place for relaxing because, as usual, arts students around me always boast about themselves. It's tiring.

I enter the library and see the same guy as always. I think he is a music major because he always has a guitar with him. He is good looking if I say honestly. I have always noticed him in the library and also, when the exams were ongoing before music and arts classes have the exams in same buildings.

Wait...is he reading xyz book? I tilt my head to be precise and yes, he is reading it.
For the very first time have I seen someone read it.

"Excuse me...can I sit here?" The guy suddenly appeared next to me.
"Uh...sure." I say. What the duck, wasn't he siting just as good over there?

"Thank you,there's a problem girl constantly looking at me." He said, no I didn't ask him for that.
I saw the girl leave the library with a book at the sight of the guy sitting with me.

"God she left. What in the world was her problem. Thanks to you, you came and saved me!" Did he just thank me? Did someone show me gratitude? Like, in real life?

"Ah...um...thank u I guess? I did not do much but...um...I don't know. Sorry, I'm too weird." I am a disaster. I shouldn't be here. I should not be anywhere. I should isolate myself and never show people my face.

I got up but I hit my head in the bookshelf.

"Good gracious, not now." My bag from my hand. I need to stop being weird.

"Fuck are you okay?" The guy got up and picked all my things. My paint brushes were scattered and so were my pens.

"Great lord, why in heavens does this always happen?" I mutter under by breath. I hate being a problem but here I am, my stuff is scattered and i made someone pick it up. I am the worst.

He must have noticed my weirdness when he saw the book in my bag. An old classic. Maybe I committed too many sins in my life that is why I am always so... useless.

"Hey...you have read this?"
"Um...yes. It is my most read one."
"Omg, finally someone who has read it. I wasn't the only damned one to have read it. Wait...you...I have seen you somewhere."

Oh in god's good world, why does he know me?
" you were in last Monday's event. Oh my god I loved your paintings. They are so so pretty,"

Oh. I see. Good god. Wow. This person is an angel.

"Thank you so much for your compliment. I am grateful to you for admiring my paintings...may I ask for your name?"

"Sure, it's Wang Yibo, i am a music major" he said as if it were not obvious.
"You must an art major I believe!" He exclaimed and kept all my belongings on the table.

"You're certainly right." I say. We discussed a lot of books that day. I loved that day.

-xiao zhan
12.05.2018

°°°°°°

30th August 2021
Monday
Beijing
Xiao Zhan's house
Author's pov

"That is it,sir." The caretaker,zuyun said.

"Thank you, zhi. Thank you for taking care of me for so long. I wish you luck on your job, really. Do not think I am being pitiable now that you're going. I found a new caretaker."

"Yes,zhan. I am going. I am also thankful to have a patient like you. Zhan, don't get sad,okay? It's been more than 6 months now. We still haven't known where he is. Zhan,think of yourself once. You are unable to see now, zhan, think of yourself now. Okay?"

"Yeah yeah. I will. Thank you, now go or you will be late."
He can only hear her now. She left. It's easy for her to say that. But it's not easy for him to imply on it.

He hears the door open and footsteps approaching. Everyday he wishes it is him.

"Xiao zhan?"

Oh fuck.