Chapter 5: The Truth

——————————🐍——————————

A few hours later, Sif, Loki, (Y/n) and the Warriors Three all sat together in what looked like a common room around a fire. They were all mostly silent, recovering from their battle and processing that Thor was gone.

"We should never have let him go." Volstagg spoke, breaking the silence.

Sif shook her head. "There was no stopping him."

"Well at least he's only banished, not dead. Which is what we'd all be if that guard hadn't told Odin where we'd gone." Fandral pointed out.

Loki stood in the room silently staring at the hand the Jotun had grabbed. (Y/n) noticed what he was doing and gave him a look of concern.

His eyes met hers and she quickly looked down, not wanting him to know she had been staring.

"How did the guard even know?" Volstagg wondered.

"I told him." Loki admitted.

Fandral looked at him in surprise, as did the rest. "What?"

"I told him to go to Odin after we'd left. He should be flogged for taking so long. We never should have reached Jotunheim." He grumbled.

"You told the guard?!" Volstagg exclaimed.

"I saved our lives." Loki corrected. "And Thor's. I had no idea Father would banish him for what he did."

Sif stood up and approached him. "Loki. You must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind."

"And if I do, then what? I love Thor more dearly than any of you, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous. You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its King?" He asked rhetorically.

Loki then stormed out of the room, all of them watching him go.

"He may speak of the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor." Sif accused.

"We should be grateful to him. He saved our lives." Volstagg reminded them.

"Laufey said there were traitors in the House of Odin. A master of magic could bring three Jotuns into Asgard." Hogun pointed out.

"Now, hold on a minute." (Y/n) spoke up. "Loki's always been one for tricks, but do you all really think he'd be capable of doing something so sinister?"

None of them answered her. They all just avoided eye contact. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and got up, leaving the room.

...

(Y/n) marched down to the weapon's vault, looking for Loki. She had a feeling he might be down there, and she was right. As she descended the stairs she saw Loki standing in front of the Casket, holding the sides with his hands.

"Loki. I wanted to talk to y—."

(Y/n)'s words died in her throat when Loki turned to face her. He still looked like himself, except his skin was blue, and his eyes blood red. Loki's eyes widened at the site of her. He didn't want her to see him like this.