Prolouge

Hershel Layton,who has three kids named Flora,Alfendi and Katrielle.They were all adopted.First,it was Flora.Then,it was Alfendi.Lastly,Katrielle.

There were strange sounds that were happening in his basement,only the children were disturbed by it.It's mostly Katrielle that's scared about it,thinking something bad will happen.If there is a real loud sounds that Katrielle can hear in her room,she'll go to Flora's room.Flora sleeps in a single room and Katrielle and Alfendi sleep in the room called "the nursery."

At breakfast,the family was having scrambled eggs.Alfendi was the most eager  to ask his dad what the strange noises were. "Dad,why are there strange noises in the attic?",Alfendi asked. "I haven't checked yet.",Hershel replied. "Do you think there is a monster up there papa?",Katrielle asked. "A monster? Nonsense.It's just the very strange noises of the pipes.",Hershel reassured. "Will you check? Katrielle is frightened by those that she mostly sleeps in my room.",said Flora. "Of course I will.",said Hershel.

And he didn't.And for that,Alfendi is thinking that he's too old that he forgets.The noises has become louder and louder in the attic that Flora is getting concerned.

The children stare at the attic door. "Papa hasn't checked there.",Katrielle frowned. "Maybe it's because he's old.",Alfendi piped up. "Al,don't say those things about father!",Flora said. "Well someone has to check.",said Alfendi. "Let's just ignore it and hope that father will check.",said Flora.

But of course,Alfendi and Katrielle were the most curious ones about many things.When Flora was gone,Alfendi and Katrielle quickly got the ladder and opened the attic door.

Alfendi and Katrielle walked around the attic.As they walked,they heard strange noises.It was as if someone was eating something.They both walked to the strange noise.As they walked,they saw a shadow that has horns and long finger nails.This made the two scream and run away,closing the attic door and going to Flora's room.

"What's wrong with you two? Why were you screaming?",Flora asked.Alfendi explained top to bottom while Katrielle was crying. "Why were you two in the attic?",Flora asked. "We're sorry Flora!",Katrielle sobbed. "There there,Katrielle.",She said placing her on her lap and caressing her hair. "You were very brave for exploring the attic by yourself,including you Al.",said Flora.Alfendi got up close to Flora and hugged her. "There there.",said Flora. 

It was only a while that  Alfendi decided to leave leaving Katrielle and Flora alone. "Flora?",Katrielle said. "Yes?",Flora replied. "What about that monster in the attic?",Katrielle asked.The strange noises came in again,it sounded like knitting.Katrielle huddled up close to Flora in panic as Flora calmed her down.

Flora needed to do something,to get those strange noises out of here. "I'll handle it.",said Flora. "But Flora! What I'd the monster gets you?!",Katrielle asked. "Then I'll get out of his grasp if I can.",Flora answered. "What if papa finds out?",Katrielle asked. "He'll find out one way or another.",said Katrielle. 

She putted Katrielle down. "Play with Alfendi while I deal with this."