The Big Bellies

"The Big Bellies," an exciting Anime Series that combines comedy, action, and the unexpected. Here's a glimpse into the world of our sumo girl fighters:

"In the bustling city of Natsukashi, five ordinary teenagers—Akiko, Haru, Yumi, Riko, and Mei—stumble upon a hidden treasure: a mysterious chocolate bar called 'Choco-Morph.' Little do they know, this chocolate bar holds a secret power that turns them into formidable sumo girl fighters when eaten.

Struggling with common teenage insecurities and school life, the girls suddenly find themselves with incredible strength, size, and insurmountable bellies! As they come to terms with these astonishing transformations, they decide to embrace their newfound abilities. Determined to protect Natsukashi from nefarious forces seeking to exploit Choco-Morph's power, they take on evil villains and mischievous rivals, all while balancing their daily lives.

Each unique character brings her own fighting style to the sumo arena. Akiko, the fiery leader, specializes in quick maneuvers; Haru, the gentle giant, unleashes incredible strength with her soft-hearted nature; Yumi, the agile acrobat, combines flexibility and speed; Riko, the strategist, utilizes cunning techniques to outsmart opponents; and Mei, the prodigious rookie, surprises everyone with her hidden talent.

Join our lovable sumo girls as they navigate the challenges of friendship, high school, and the responsibility that comes with being the unexpected protectors of Natsukashi. Will they conquer the ring and keep Choco-Morph's power safe? Get ready for a belly-full of laughter, action, and friendship like never before!"

Character Profiles for Akiko, Haru, Yumi, Riko, and Mei

1. Akiko:
- Age: 16
- Gender: Female
- Personality: Energetic, determined, and hot-blooded. Akiko is always ready for a challenge and never backs down from a fight. She is driven by a strong sense of justice and believes in protecting the weak.
- Appearance: Akiko has short spiky black hair and intense brown eyes. She wears a traditional sumo mawashi (loincloth) with her own unique design. Akiko has a muscular physique, showcasing her dedication to sumo training.
- Background: Akiko comes from a family dedicated to sumo. Her father is a retired professional wrestler, and she has been training in sumo since she was a child. Her goal is to become the first female yokozuna (the highest rank) in professional sumo.

2. Haru:
- Age: 18
- Gender: Female
- Personality: Calm, analytical, and strategic. Haru is known for his intelligence and calculated moves in the sumo ring. She is always observing and finding weaknesses in her opponents, making him a formidable opponent.
- Appearance: Haru has long, tied-up brown hair and green eyes. She wears glasses, indicating his studious nature. She also wears a sumo mawashi and has a lean yet slim and curvy build.
- Background: Haru comes from a family of sumo trainers, and she has been honing his skills since childhood. Unlike Akiko, Haru is not focused on becoming a professional wrestler herself. Instead, she aims to become a celebrated sumo coach and lead her own stable.

3. Yumi:
- Age: 16
- Gender: Female
- Personality: Cheerful, supportive, and nurturing. Yumi is a team player who always cheers for her friends and provides emotional support. She believes in the power of friendship and teamwork, often motivating her fellow wrestlers.
- Appearance: Yumi has long brown hair tied into a high ponytail and warm brown eyes. She wears a vibrant and colorful mawashi, reflecting her lively personality. She has a curvy and athletic physique.
- Background: Yumi discovered her passion for sumo after watching a sumo tournament on TV. Inspired, she joined a local sumo club and quickly developed a love for the sport. While not aiming for professional sumo, Yumi aims to spread awareness about women's sumo and break stigma.

4. Riko:
- Age: 17
- Gender: Female
- Personality: Mysterious, reserved, and ambitious. Riko is known for her quiet yet fierce determination. She has a stoic nature and tends to keep her emotions hidden. Riko is highly competitive and strives to surpass her own limits.
- Appearance: Riko has waist-length black hair with one side of her head shaved. Her eyes are a piercing gray. She wears a plain black mawashi and has a slim yet toned physique.
- Background: Riko's family runs a traditional sumo stable, and she grew up surrounded by the sport. Despite her family's expectations for her to take over the stable, Riko wanted to explore her own path. With a burning desire to win and prove herself, she aims to claim various championships and make a name for herself.

5. Mei:
- Age: 15
- Gender: Female
- Personality: Energetic, quirky, and mischievous. Mei is known for her playful nature and unique sumo techniques. She has a knack for surprising her opponents with unconventional moves, catching them off guard.
- Appearance: Mei has short, vibrant purple hair and big hazel eyes. She wears a colorful and patterned mawashi, reflecting her playful personality. Mei has a compact yet powerful build.
- Background: Mei fell in love with sumo after watching a famous comedic sumo wrestler on TV. Inspired by his unorthodox style, she decided to join a sumo club. Mei seeks to bring joy and laughter to the sumo world by mastering her comedic sumo moves and becoming an entertainer.

Special Sumo Moves:

1. Akiko: "Thunderous Avalanche Slam" - Akiko charges with tremendous force, lifting her opponent off the ground, and slams them down with intense power, shaking the entire ring.

2. Haru: "Strategic Void Pin" - Haru uses his opponent's momentum against them, evading their attacks with precision footwork before swiftly and accurately pinning them to the ground.

3. Yumi: "Euphoric Friendship Spin" - Yumi enters a spinning maneuver that represents the power of friendship, creating a whirlwind effect that disorients her opponent and knocks them off balance.

4. Riko: "Silent Lightning Strike" - Riko moves swiftly and silently, using her opponent's blind spots to strike with lightning speed and force, delivering a devastating blow that they struggle to counter.

5. Mei: "Dazzling Laughter Takedown" - Mei performs a series of comedic gestures and unpredictable movements, confusing her opponent and making them lose focus. While they are distracted, Mei swiftly sweeps them off their feet, resulting in a graceful takedown that amuses the crowd.

1. **Akiko:**
- Japanese Actress: Kiko Mizuhara
- Funimation English Dub Actress: Erica Mendez

2. **Haru:**
- Japanese Actress: Tao Tsuchiya
- Funimation English Dub Actress: Christine Marie Cabanos

3. **Yumi:**
- Japanese Actress: Nana Komatsu
- Funimation English Dub Actress: Cassandra Lee Morris

4. **Riko:**
- Japanese Actress: Suzu Hirose
- Funimation English Dub Actress: Cherami Leigh

5. **Mei:**
- Japanese Actress: Fumi Nikaido
- Funimation English Dub Actress: Stephanie Sheh

Animated by Toei Animation.

Broadcasted on TV on TV Asashi in Japan, Adult Swim in USA and BBC TWO in the United Kingdom.