to absolutely no ones surprise

Chapter 7

andddd we're back to the Sukie POV's. it's so much easier to write and I really need to work on how to think like a dude.

enjoyyyy!!!

--------------------------------

It's been about a week since Landon walked us home. No one at school knows at school that he and Noah are brothers (to absolutely no one's surprise).

What's odd, though, is that Landon hasn't been in school since the incident. The last time I saw him was through my living room window as he walked away from my house. A smile graced his face the whole time I watched him leave. A warm fuzzy feeling has been growing in my chest ever since. And yes, I know it's wrong because he's in a literal relationship, but I can't help it.

It's in the back of my head to ask Noah where Landon could be, but it seems odd since their relationship is strained and all. 

I could ask Mara to ask Mandy, but that's even weirder. I'm nosy, but not that nosy.

I couuuldd stop by his house on my way home from practice and make up an excuse that we have a really serious test for math. That'd work perfectly.

—--------------------

—---------------------

I could not focus properly for swimming today. The number of times I got yelled at by coach was actually crazy. My movements were hazy, and my lap time was slower by thirty whole seconds. I even got water into my haircap. I hate it when that happens. 

In my defense, I can't focus on swimming when I have too many thoughts or extremely possessive thoughts. Landon Halcyon was that one thought that could not even be described using a lowly word like possessive. He was maddening and intoxicating.

I quickly change out of my gym clothes and rush out of the school premises. It was currently 5:02 PM, and the sun would go down around 7. I had around two hours before I had to get home. 

I popped my headphones in and started walking.

It's like a good twenty-minute walk to Landon's house from here. I could always wait for Noah to finish his practice. Usually, hockey players finish half an hour after all of the other sports, but then it's too late, and the explanation is more of a hassle than the walk itself. I can't even explain to myself why I'm even worried for Landon. It's just something I've been used to doing since we were 8. 

I remember when we first stopped talking a few years ago, Landon broke his arm, and I found out through my mom, who found out from Nanny Anne. At the time, my mom nor nanny Anne knew that Landon and I had a falling out. I felt my heart crack just like his bones (funny hehe) when I heard the news. I was rational enough to know that he didn't want to see me but delusional enough to wonder if he'd be happy that I was there. So, I walked over to his house and paced back and forth, deciding what to do. It took every fiber in my body to build up the courage to knock on his door because I'm the worst at rejection. When I was making it up to his front door, I looked up to his bedroom window and found him staring down at me with a look on his face that I couldn't decipher, so I ran. 

He came to school the following day, and Landon's always been popular, so his cast had been full of writings and drawings. I wanted so badly to do nothing but sign it, too, but I just watched him from afar and avoided him whenever. He also avoided me, so it worked out. 

In a quick few months, I went from knowing that boy from the inside out to absolutely nothing. Our falling out felt like a slap in the face for me. He knew everything about me, and I knew everything about him. Our "friends" were actually his friends, so along with him, I also lost everyone. What was worse is they were THERE when he said all of those things about me. I waited foolishly for someone to tell me the truth, but in reality, I watched them continue the group without me. I was like a rock that was crushed between a group of bulldozers.