02 | minu? minu

just the two of us
02 ⸻ minu? minu

the library doors burst open.

"sunhee!" soo-ae ran up to the moping girl who was currently looking through the library bookshelves. she halted to a stop when she saw sunhee's tear-stained face. "what happened?"

"my romance book had a sad ending!" sunhee cried, turning to soo-ae. her legs voluntarily gave out as she collapsed against her friend. "why did it have to happen?" the despaired girl groaned.

"well.." soo-ae chuckled nervously, unsure of how to comfort the depressed sunhee. "not all romance books have happy endings."

"my life won't have a happy ending." sunhee dragged her hands down her face, as soo-ae helped her steady herself.

"you idiot," the purple hair girl teased. "it's not the end of the world. plus, i'm sure there are many other romance novels out there that are better than the one you just read."

"i doubt it," sunhee complained as she turned back to the bookshelf. "the world is ending. all because of this one stupid shitty book."

"that's my point. it's only one book," soo-ae scoffed, biting back a smile. "the world isn't going to end."

"yes it will." sunhee pretended to wipe away invisible tears before straightening back up with a long sigh. "anyways. did you need anything?"

a smirk appeared on soo-ae's face. "actually, i wanted to tell you something!" she giggled, a tiny bounce to her nature. "guess what."

"chicken butt."

"what? no! guess again."

"you had sex with eunhyeok?"

"what?" soo-ae stopped bouncing and stared at the innocently-faced sunhee. "no.."

"then what?" sunhee raised an eyebrow. "you're pregnant?"

"what the fuck? no!" soo-ae shoved sunhee gently, causing the girl to laugh. "where are you getting this shit from?"

sunhee shrugged. "my immensely big brain."

"more like immensely tiny brain."

"that's mean!" sunhee protested. she shoved soo-ae back this time, except not as gently.

soo-ae snickered, but gave sunhee the last note on their fight. "anyways, i wanted to tell you that eunhyeok and i are together now!" the girl smiled excitedly.

"oh." sunhee took her sweet time to process this. "OH. OH FUCK WHAT?" she shook soo-ae by the shoulders. "when? am i the first person to know? will i be the godmother of the future baby?"

"oh! well, um, sure...? but you're getting a bit ahead of yourself." soo-ae laughed. "and um, i guess you are? i think eunhyeok already told dohwa, but you're the first person i told."

"wow. i'm honored." sunhee's lips broke out into a giddy smile. "i'm happy for you! just.. um. remember that i exist, okay?"

sunhee alowly took soo-ae's hands into hers, looking right into her eyes as she pretended to give soo-ae a sad expression. "remember that i exist." the tremble in her voice obvious as she pretended to sniffle.

"what kind of shitty kdrama is this?" a male voice came from the end of the bookshelf, the smirk obvious in his voice. at the same time, soo-ae said, "of course i'll always remember you." *sniff*

sunhee's head turned and she let her hands fell back to her side as she looked at the guy. "who are you?" she questioned bluntly, giving the brown-haired male a weird look.

"i'm minu." he smiled, leaning against the bookshelf. "kang minu. i'm friends with soo-ae." soo-ae nodded.

"minu?" sunhee's lips quirked upwards.

"minu."

"he has a funny name," the black haired girl whispered to soo-ae (quite loudly, actually).

"hey!" minu protested, running a hand through his hair. "my name isn't funny!"

"okay, okay!" sunhee held her hands up in the air. "i'm sorry. but like..."

"like?"

"like.."

"like..?"

"like, um, what nicknames would you have anyways? nunu? min? minmin? minnie mouse?"

"minnie mouse? are you serious?" minu frowned at sunhee.

the two began to bicker before soo-ae separated them with a laugh. "calm down! you literally just met each other."

"he has a furry aura," sunhee told soo-ae as she pointed at minu. "i can practically smell it. i bet this guy barks in his sleep."

"i am not a furry!" minu protested, backing away from sunhee and shooting a pointed glare at soo-ae as if to tell her to get her friend under control. "i bet you're a furry." he pointed back at sunhee.

"i am not a furry," sunhee shot back defensively, ignoring soo-ae who was currently flicking the side of her head. "you're the furry here! and you probably listen to whimpering audios when you slee-" and with that, soo-ae slapped a hand over her friend's mouth.

"haha! so funny, yeah.." soo-ae laughed nervously. "she's just joking minu, that's all." the girl pressed her hand further against sunhee's mouth. "she has a different sense of humor than, um, normal people."

minu raised an eyebrow and sunhee glared at him as she removed soo-ae's hand from her mouth. "i have a perfectly fine sense of humor, thank you."

"at least apologize to poor minu." soo-ae gestures to him.

sunhee turned to minu. "sorry."

"it's fine."

the purple haired girl's face broke out into a round smile. "great! now you two can be friends. i'll leave you to it." she turned on her heel, about to march away from a flabbergasted minu and sunhee before sunhee gripped soo-ae's arm.

"no, take me with you! we're leaving together."

minu watched sunhee drag soo-ae out of the library. "oh."

[ 2:32 pm ]

soo-ae
sunhee's pretty right 🥰🥰
you should date her

minu
oh...

soo-ae
fwjso]<|.'did
rbbsndnbbvb;625_}]]?

minu
omg i agree 😣

soo-ae
sorry some demon possessed me
please don't date sunhee

minu
wasn't plannign to 😟😟😟

soo-ae
sunhee just sent that last message

LYN SPEAKS *coughs* !!!
how do you tell your ex crush
that you're pretty sure has a
crush on you (rn) to stop texting
you every other second liek BRI
CAN HE STOP 😰😰😭😭😭

just the two of us ✶
baek dohwa x fem!oc

SHUOLOGY! :)