V| Red Armed Exemplars

Dog - an insult
measured for chains - particularly nasty threat feared by pirates
sail, ho! - warning that another ship is in view
trim sail - adjust sails
all hands on deck - every crew on deck
batten down the hatches - prepare for crisis

<><><>

      “You’re oddly calm about this.”

     “I'm trying not to freak out.”

     “And what is the benefit of not freaking out?”

     “I can think more clearly of how I can get us out of here.”

     “Hmm, I tried to do that back then,” Jay said, “not freaking out.”

     Nya tilts her head, hooked up on the conversation the two soldiers are having.

     Lloyd cocks a brow. “And the result?” he asked.

     Jay breathes for a moment before answering, “I freaked out.”

     Nya tilts her head back as Lloyd sighs, not at all surprised by his friend. The blond looks down on his shoes through the bundle of ropes that hug his body. He rethinks his every life choices at this very moment.

     Jay notices this silence and decides to maybe brighten up the mood, atleast. “Well? Got anything?”

     Lloyd responds, still looking down on his shoes. “Getting out of these ropes is doable, however I cannot guarantee our safety during our escape. They will definitely shoot at us the very moment they see us a step away from this mast. We’ll have to wait until midnight.”

     “How do we get out of these ropes?”

     “Any sharp tool works.” Nya butted in, causing Jay to flinch in surprise. “Another problem is how we’re going to cut the ropes without being spotted.”

     Once again, Lloyd sighs, heavier than the last one.

     “So sorry you ended up here.”

     The blond turns to look at Jay.

     Right, it was the ginger’s idea that brought them here in the middle of nowhere with death laying upon them.

     Lloyd and the Commodore were absolutely dumbfounded when they reported Cole’s escape. Jay — not being able to witness this and do nothing — thought it would be a good idea to suggest tracking him down. Lloyd turned down the idea at first, but the ginger somehow persuaded him.

     The younger one had hope bubbled up inside him upon seeing the two ships being set sail when they eavesdropped on the pirate, so he hollowed, and they both entered.

     Lloyd nudges his arm. “It’s okay, Jay. None of us predicted this to happen, don’t burden yourself for not knowing the future.” He smiles at seeing Jay’s face brighten up.

     “Besides, I’m not the one who’s having it the worst.” He turns his head to the other side, furrowing his brows at the sight of his fellow. “Mr. Kai Smith Sir? Are you alright?”

     Kai looks like he’s about to throw up, with sweat dripping down his temples and eyes boring into the ocean. Lloyd has been sensing the brunet’s hand trembling against the back of his hand, it worries him. Kai simply nodded.

     “Are you sea sick?” Nya asked, examining his state.

     “No, it’s not that,” Kai mumbled to her. “I can’t believe I forgot about it.”