Chapter 63

Chapter 63: Flood

"What do I hate the most? It's to enter Parsua Sartorias during snow, and Parsua Deltora during the rain." Prince Seth said while massaging his temple.

"But I never witnessed Parsua Deltora have these heavy rains," I said as I looked outside of the window.

My palms and nose were pressed on the cold window as I tried to see the situation outside. It's pure white and misty!

I could even hear the strong rainfall on the roof, the urging wind, and even the wild swaying of blurry green trees around us. Even our carriage couldn't move forward, but it kept shaking and moving back.

The small window in front of the carriage, where the coachmen were seated (the handsome brothers of Prince Seth) slightly opened.

"Binabaha na ang Deltora, Seth! What the hell is happening in this empire? Is this normal?" sigaw ng isa sa mga kapatid ni Prince Seth.

"I hate to admit it, but this is normal. Did you hear the new from the Trafadore? Nalulubog sila sa nyebe," naiiling na sabi ni Prince Seth.

"We can't go further!" muling sabi ng isa pang boses mula sa labas.

Muling sumilip si Prince Seth sa bintana ng karwahe, sinubukan niyang buksan iyon, ngunit dahil sa lakas ng hangin at ulan ay agad nakapasok ang tubig.

He quickly closed the window and looked at me. "Are you alright, Princess Divina?"

I wiped my face and my arms when the droplets of the water entered our carriage. But smiled and nodded at Prince Seth. "Yes! I am fine, Prince Seth."

He sighed. He crossed his legs and massaged his temple. "How can I communicate with him? Even birds can't even fly with this heavy rain."

"Why is it storming? Is Kezalli okay? She will not drown, right?"

Prince Seth gazed outside of the window. "Si Tobias yata ang nalulunod ngayon."

I gasped. "B-but King Tobias can manipulate water. Why is he drowning?"

"It's alright. He'll survive and become the happiest in the world," when Prince Seth those words he didn't look happy for King Tobias.

I smiled. "At least, he'll be happy. I am happy for him."

Napahilamos sa kanyang sarili si Prince Seth. And it was my first time to witness how frustrated he was. He's always been calm and has that charming look.

"Hindi ba lulubog ang Deltora sa ginagawa niyang si Tobias? Wala man lang ba magsasaway sa kanya roon sa palasyo nila?" he asked himself.

Sumilip na lang akong muli sa labas ng bintana. Sometimes, I can't understand the words of adults. Prince Seth should be happy that King Tobias will survive if he's drowning right now, but he doesn't look happy at all.

"Baka bigla na lang may bumagsak na puno sa karwahe, Seth! Our horses will drown!" sigaw muli ng boses sa labas.

Prince Seth opened the window and he left me inside the carriage. I saw how he opened his enormous pair of black wings. Sa lakas ng hangin, nakita ko pa na itinulak nito si Prince Seth, pilit siyang lumipad pabalik at humawak pa siya sa karwahe bago siya makarating sa unahan at kausapin ang kanyang mga kapatid.

"You can find another way! I will bring Divina to the castle with me."

"By means of? Lilipad kayo? Can't you see the lightning and the strong winds? Baka bigla kayong tamaan o kaya'y madala ng hangin! It will be dangerous not just for the princess, but for you."

"You have to reach the castle by now! They are waiting for us in Trafadore!"

"But we can't do anything about it right now!"