Chapter 12: Our Baby is Growing Up

Something Lucius failed to explain to Tom about fatherhood is how to deal with your teenage son asking you to meet his boyfriend.  

Of course, Draco's relationship situation is quite different to his baby brother's. Whereas Draco and Harry weren't always on the best terms in their early years, Marcus and Gabriel had been best friends since First Year. Severus always had an inkling that something was going on with them because, as they say, a mother knows.  

Tom and Severus were setting up the dining area before the boys came over for dinner. They could have asked the house elves to do it but Severus insisted they put in some effort for their son.  

Tom sighs, "I don't see why this dinner is necessary. We've met Gabriel before on multiple occasions".

Severus places down some plates, "Well, this is the first time that we're formally meeting Gabriel as Marcus' boyfriend. He wanted us to do something nice to welcome him into the family".  

"But still, we don't know a whole lot about him and he doesn't really know who I am".

Severus grabs his hand, "That's the point of him coming over, so we can properly get to know the boy that our son is courting. Plus, with how close they are already, I'm sure Marcus told him about us. You know how much he hates to keep secrets from those he cares about".

Tom nods, "I blame Draco for that".  

Marcus walks in smirking, "Well, I'm sorry that my brother taught me morals, father". He gives Tom a hug, "And don't worry. Mother's right, I told Gabe all about our...situation...a long time ago. He has no problem with it".

Severus walks over, "Well, now that that's sorted...". He gives Tom a kiss and smirks, "...you can finish setting up while I help Marcus get ready".  

He leads Marcus out of the room, leaving a shocked looking Tom alone in the room. He laughs to himself at his husband's antics and sets up the glasses on the table. About an hour later, Gabriel had arrived through the Floo network in the lounge room where Marcus was waiting.  

Gabriel smiles and wraps his arms around his waist, "You look amazing, mi cariño".

Marcus blushes and gives him a kiss, "Thank you, darling. You ready to meet my parents? Again?".

He laughs, "More than ready. Lead the way".  

Marcus grabs his hand and leads him into the dining room, where his parents were waiting for him.

Gabriel greets them, "Good evening".  

Severus stands, "Gabriel, how wonderful to see you again, my boy".

He smiles, "Thank you both for having me". He reaches into his pocket, "I hope it's not too much but I brought something for you".

He takes out his hand and whispers Engorgio, a bottle of Firewhiskey appearing. He passes it to Tom, who accepts it with a smile.

Tom places the bottle on the table, "You didn't have to, Gabriel, thank you. Please, sit".  

The four of them take their place at the table. A few house elves brought some food out, the family thanking them as they left the room. They spend the next hour getting to know Gabriel better as their son's partner.  

Severus takes a sip of Firewhiskey, "Gabriel, I just have to say, you truly are a remarkable young man. A perfect match for our son".

Gabriel smiles, "Thank you, sir".

Tom smirks, "I think I speak for both of us when I say that you have our blessing to ask Marcus to marry you whenever you want".

Marcus chokes on his food, "Dad!".

Gabriel smirks at his boyfriend, "I'll keep that in mind".  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Hello, Hello. 

I wanted to give you guys a small character profile for Gabriel, since he's going to be making more frequent appearances. 

Name: Gabriel Perez | Date of Birth: 09/10/1985

Nationality: Puerto Rican | Lives in: London 

Physical Appearance: Short curly black hair with an undercut, brown eyes, tan skin, black stud earrings on both earlobes, lip ring, lean body type and average height. 

Hogwarts House: Slytherin | Blood Status: Half-Blood