•𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧•

Sonic stood under the shower he had been given access to, his forearms pressed against the wall above his head as the warm water rolled through his quills and down his back. Three days he had been here, and he was growing tired of all the same training exercises. That buzzer was now ingrained into his mind. He had a record of a .009 second reaction time to it. They hadn't touched his werehog yet, which he didn't know wether was a good sign or a bad one. And he hadn't gotten any news from Tails. Or Shadow for that matter.

On top of all that, they sent him for daily checkups with Ari. The bruise hadn't healed itself properly yet, and both of them were a little shocked by that fact, judging by how the bullet wound closed within three days. Suppose Gaia was only good with open wounds. Shadow sure knows how to bite. I'm lucky he didn't take it off. On one of his daily checkups, he had to get his prostate checked, in case it had been bruised or gotten swollen from "sexual activity". Even after he told them that he hadn't engaged in such acts, they still thought it would be best to check, just in case. Especially after the bruise they found on him.

He sighed, an ear twitching as a drop of water fell inside it. "Chaos, I need a way out of here." A buzzer, not like the one he had been training with, thank the stars, went off and Sonic's warm water was cut off, the hedgehog exhaling as he stepped out from under the icy rain and reached for a towel to dry his quills. He wrapped it around his lower half and swiped his scrubs from where they were folded neatly beside the sink. They already gave him a rather satisfying supper of steak and mashed potatoes; at least the food wasn't that bad. He grabbed his toothbrush and scrubbed his teeth thoroughly, making sure his canines were nicely taken care of before rinsing his mouth and spitting it out.

He left the bathroom and entered his white bedroom, sighing at the sight of the elevated, not-so-welcoming dog bed they had set for him. Sonic groaned and threw himself into it. It would only be a half hour until his painful transformation; might as well get some rest beforehand.

The speaker in the room hissed before a familiar female voice met his ears. "Sonic, you have a visitor." Then it was cut off and the metal door slid open, revealing a dark hedgehog with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. Sonic instinctively growled with Dark Gaia. He was getting harder to keep under control. Each passing day, the darkness was getting stronger. Or Sonic was getting weaker. Either way, the hedgehog had to have serious control over himself if he wanted to keep the entity's energy out of his waking body.

"What are you doing here?" he grumbled and looked away, refusing to meet his ebony counterpart's eyes. When Shadow stepped inside, the thick door slid shut and locked itself. "They assigned me to you for the night." A silence whistled between the two for what felt like an eternity before Shadow hurriedly spoke up with what Sonic guessed was worry. "Are you alright? Did they do anything to you?" he quickly strode up to Sonic and placed a hand on his cheek.

Asshole. Sonic growled and slapped his hand away. "I'm fine. No thanks to you. I thought relationships were supposed to be based on trust! But the second you realized you had mine, you took advantage of that and threw me into this place!" Dark Gaia clawed at his belly, begging to be released. It only grew stronger as night approached. Sonic inhaled deeply, calming his nerves. He had to remain in control. Gaia had already done enough to his waking body during training today — he could hardly remember anything after lunch.

"Sonic, I promise, I'm doing everything I can to speed up this process," Shadow stated in his normal voice, keeping his arms crossed. "If I try to help you escape, both of our lives will be at risk. They will take you far more forcefully and hurt me. Hurt your friends." Once more, Shadow raised a hand to his... Lover's cheek, wiping away a stray tear that had fallen. "I'm doing this for the safety of all of us."
"Does Tails know where I am, right now?" Shadow didn't respond and pulled his hand back. Sonic just sighed.