Seeking Forgiveness

Gwen Pov:/

I saw him looked away as his face scrunched up with eyes tightly closed. I couldn't help but feel another wave of tears trying to escape for what seems like the hundredth time today. I could see that Miles didn't want anything to do with me or spider society things for awhile. The only good thing that he still had his head on my left. Just maybe this means that he doesn't want to leave but hear my reasoning on why I didn't help him. This hope is what caused the tears to fall again but this time. They landed on the face of the person I loved and I don't know if he will forgive me.

"Ohh M-Miles" I said with a small stutter. He just scrunched his face harder to the point that it looked like the sides were going to be ripped off. 

"Miles. I know you don't want anything to do with me but-t I just got to say that I am s-s-sorry" I said with a sad tone as the tears continue to fall on his face. It seemed that he didn't mind my tears were falling on his face. I looked away because I couldn't continue to look at the scrunched up face of Miles' face as the tears continue to fall. I just sat in my feelings until I heard a distinct voice.

"Why?" Miles asked. I looked down at the head on my lap and saw something that I don't ever want to see that look on Miles again as long as I can help it. Miles' eyes looking straight at me with misty eyes that looked like he was trying so hard not to unleash his dam of tears. He looked broken from his closest friends that fought with me didn't help him, when he needed them. 

"Why, Why, Why? He repeated each time he got louder as he got up from my lap and each time he said that word it felt like a hole is getting larger in my heart. He stood in front of me and in that moment, I noticed that we are alone. Of course the band leaves us alone when he woke up. As I saw him looking down at me and I stood up. As I was standing up he followed my eyes with his.

"Miles I-" I was about to say until he interrupted.

"Gwen look I know that you are going to say that you are sorry but I want to know why. Why did you lie and kept those secrets from me. So please just tell me" He said in that hurt tone that I never want to hear again come from him as kept pleading for the truth. 

"Miles I don't know how to explain it but I was scared of going home" I said because he knows that my dad thinks that Spider-Woman killed Peter Parker in my dimension.

"Yeah I know about the Peter thing but I know that there is something else. Come on Gwen I just want you to be straight with me. Please come on" he said and this time, he let the tears fall. It caused a feeling of a knife going through my heart to know that I caused Miles to cry.

"Ok Miles, I will tell you" I said because I couldn't lie to him anymore and especially when he looks that broken because of my fault.

"Well as you know that the Police in my Universe and my dad have been looking for me cause they think that I killed Peter" I said while looking him in the eyes. Still with those teary eyes Miles nodded. So, I continued "Well there was an incident that a vulture from a different dimension was attacking an art museums and that is where I met Miguel and Jess. We took him down with so much damage to the building and myself. As I was about to leave the building, I was pretty banged up and bit woozy but I felt my spider senses to turn around" I said with a frown as I remembered that night. The way that Miles was looking at me as if he was telling me to continue so, I did. "When I turned around, I- I saw my dad with a gun pointed at me. I tried to web him up but I ran out of web fluid and then he called for back up. While I was trying to reason with him but the look in his eyes was just looking at me with absolute hate. So I-" I paused to take a deep breath to calm myself from crying as I thought that night but I needed to continue. "Well I didn't have no other choice so I told him that I was Spider-Woman" I said as the tears started to fall again slowly but I needed to finish the story for Miles to figure out why. " That look of hate turned into one of disbelief and heartbroken because I have been lying to him for years. Until he turned to me and raised his gun at me. Read me my rights because he was arresting me. I tried reasoning with him but he kept reading my rights until he stopped me by shooting his gun into the air" I said as the tears kept falling down and I heard Miles gasp when, I told him my dad shot around me. " But before he could arrest me Miguel threw one of those traps and stopped him from continuing of arresting. I was so scared on not knowing what to do with me losing another person that I cared about.  I guessed they felt bad for me so I got a goober and I joined them" I said as I finished the story with tears falling down my face. I looked up and saw that he was in thought, I was wondering what is he thinking about. Maybe he thought that I was lying or making it up so he can forgive me quicker but he looked like he made up his mind about something.