💋𝟒𝟑.

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet. . ."
-Bob Dylan💋

Chapter 43:

August

Later On That Day

Later On That Day

A Great Sadness. . .

August carried Ariel out of the hospital, and she clung to him desperately as he placed her in his car. She cried silently the entire way to her home. August did not know what to say to quell her pain, for he was hurting too, so he didn't say anything at all.

When the news had already spread to their friends and her family in the hospital about her miscarriage, he hated hearing the million apologies from people who could never understand. He didn't want to be another useless voice in her ear, knowing that at this point he wouldn't even believe anything that came out of his own mouth.

He wasn't going to tell her that it would be all right, because he knew for a fact that this pain was never going to go away for either of them. They would feel the loss of their first unborn child for the rest of their lives. All he could do was help her bear this new cross, as he tries to do the same for himself. 

He reached over and grabbed her hand as he whipped his car through the city streets. When Ariel felt August wrap her hand in his, she squeezed it tightly, hanging on for dear life. In one night she had lost something so precious and dear in her life, not realizing what she had until now that it was gone.

God had blessed her, and because she was so selfish and ungrateful to realize it, her terrible mistakes had costed her baby's life.

As she stared out of the window, she realized that August was not the best man to be with, but he was the one who was truly meant for her. August pulled up to her building and parked his car. He helped her out of the car and into the apartment, where he removed her clothing.

As he pulled her shirt over her head he wished he could take away some of her grief, knowing that he was more capable of handling it all than she was.

"Lift ya' leg, ma," he whispered as he removed her jeans.

He put her clothes in a plastic bag and tossed it in the trash.

"No," she whispered, reaching her hand out to stop him. "Don't just throw them away."

August nodded, understanding that she was trying to hold on to every little piece of their lost child. It has sentimental value, just from her wearing them.

He retrieved the bag and replied, "I'll have'em cleaned fa' ya'."

She stood in her living room in just her panties and bra and pulled at her long hair as she closed her eyes. August picked her up and carried her to her bedroom and into the bathroom. He turned on the shower, then kicked off his Jordans before he stepped inside with Ariel still in his arms.