💋𝟒𝟒.

"Shelter. . ."
-Birdy💋

Chapter 44:

Omniscient

A Week Later

A Week Later

August fixed his black Armani suit and wiped himself down before he knocked lightly on Ariel's door.

"Come in," she called out. "It's open."

Ariel looked as beautiful as ever standing in front of the full-length mirror in her black Dolce dress that fit nicely around her petite frame, hugging every single curve as the hemline stopped directly below her knee.

Her neck was framed with the diamond Atlas pierced pendant that matched the diamond tennis bracelet adorning her wrist, along with a pair of expensive white-gold hoops that hung from her ears.

Her long, layered hair hung freely down her back. Except for a little bit of eyeliner and lip gloss, she spared herself of applying makeup because she knew that eventually her tears would ruin it anyway.

Her natural beauty was enough to take Ms. America's crown, and her stunning features made her look more like an exquisite model than a woman who was at her lowest point in life.

"Ariel, it's time ta' go, baybeh'," August stated as he stood in her doorway.

She nodded her head and closed her eyes as she said a silent prayer to God. When she finished, she opened her eyes as tears began to fall.

"I don't think 'dat I can do 'dis," Ariel stated, tears running down her cheeks.

It was obvious that she had been crying for hours, because her eyes were red and swollen. The distress from losing their baby and now her uncle was weighing heavily on her, more than ever before. It was almost as if her legs gave out from underneath her, because she fell onto the bed and put her head in her hands. August rushed to her side.

"I just can't believe 'dat all of 'dis is happening," Ariel stated. She felt as if the life was being squeezed out of her. "I really can't do 'dis, Aug'."