chapter three

as they stood in the mirror, she took a deep breath, her eyes darting between modie and the closest window. this was fun and everything but she seriously needed to get out of here and show everyone who the top  boy really was. she brought her arm up and elbowed modie hard in his stomach before grabbing the baseball bat she had laid her eyes on since they came into this room, running towards the window and smashing whilst modie was toppled over in pain. she looked out and cursed out loud when she saw they were on the second floor, quickly climbing onto the ledge and jumping out. she closed her eyes tightly shut, screaming in pain when she hit the floor, but opening her eyes to look up at the window where modie was holding a gun to her. she smirked at him and quickly stood up, winking at him and blowing a kiss.

"i had fun modie, we should do it again!" she shouted before walking off with no doubt that modie wouldn't shoot her. he shook his head fondly and grinned, lowering the gun and walking away from the smashed window. she exhaled slowly as she walked on her ankle, wincing when a shooting pain was sent through her leg. she wiped the dried blood from her nose and made her way onto the main road to try and figure out where she was and how to get back to the flat. Erica limped her way back to the place where it all went down, her eye landing on her pink gun still in the place it was before and sighing softly.

she ran a hand through her hair and made her way over to it, crouching down to pick it up and shoved it into her pocket. her stomach growled and even though no one was around, she still felt slightly embarrassed but more so relived it hadn't done that when she was with modie. Erica stood up again and looked around the space of land, seeing blood splatters on the floor and her stomach sinking slightly at the thought of one of her own had been shot and killed. That sent shivers down her spine, made her blood run cold and her body run stiff, now she really had to get back and find out if everyone was okay.

She began to walk again, rushing as fast as she could towards where she knew they would all be, having a meeting on how to get their boss back. she rummaged her hand around in her pocket and found her keys, pulling them out to shove them into the lock of the door and push it open. she quietly walked inside, seeing everyone in the living room and scanning to make sure everyone was there, make sure that even if people were injured, they were alive. where the fuck was Jason?

"where's Jason?" she said out loud, her face worried. everyone turned around to see her, she saw all their shoulders relax at the fact she was back and safe. she made eye contact with everyone in the room and it wasn't until her eyes landed on the youngers that they started to speak.

"visiting someone in prison." she exhaled softly and put her hand over her heart as she made her way to sit down, grabbing one of the blunts that she could see had been freshly rolled on the table. she put it between her lips and got someone to light the end of it so she could actually relax a little more. everyone was okay, including her. she put her head down between her knees as she let herself have a break from thinking. but she just couldn't, all she could think about was him, modie. he was like her, he was exactly what she needed in her life. but she just couldn't, she was the top girl of this town and it was going to stay that way.

the sound of her phone ringing brought her out of her train of thoughts as she lifted her head. she sighed and reached out to grab the phone, answering the call and lifting the phone to her ear.

"wagwan?" she spoke into the phone, waiting for a response so she could find out who had called her so randomly.

"how's my favorite cousin doing?" she smiled slightly when she heard Jaq voice on the other side of the phone, she hadn't talked to her in a hot minute with everything going on. she sighed and leant back, taking another pull of her blunt.

"pretty good, just escaped modie." she laughed into the phone when she heard her cousins shocked reaction and angry tone in her voice. it was nice to finally talk to someone not about drugs and all that gang life.