6. See you Again

Steve was in the city library, looking for something to read, trying to distract his restless mind. Suddenly he heard something or someone falling at the shelf behind him. He turned around and saw a dozens of books were landing on a woman, and she's rubbing her head sitting on the floor.

" You okay, ma'am?"

That woman turned around to stun him. Why couldn't he recognise the redhead? That's Natasha!

" Yeah. I was just....looking for a book and..." She stuttered avoiding his eyes.

Steve took a deep breath then bent down to help her picking the books up. " What book you're looking for?"

She picked few books from the floor," Sociology. I'm kinda new...I mean...I haven't been here since a long time so..." She chuckled hiding her embarrassment.

Steve put those books in their places then looked at her. How close he's standing to her after a long long time. A flashback of deja vu clicked into his mind. He'd met Natasha in this very same library, for the first time, when they both were in same highschool. Also, just like this, a few books had fallen above her head that day, almost a decade ago.

He blinked to get a hold on himself then nodded to his right," You can find sociology topics that side. "

She smiled at him politely then walked away to get the book she wants. She eyed every book in that particular shelf, but couldn't help but steal glances at the kind stranger who's staring at her. She cleared her throat looking away from him.

But to her shock, he walked towards her even more. " I don't think your hands will reach to the top of the shelf. "

She narrowed her eyes at him as he smirked at her. " Are you making fun of my height?"

He chuckled a little," I'm sorry if it sounded like that. Just tell me what do you need, I'm here to help. "

She couldn't trust him yet," You're the librarian here?"

He shrugged off," Not really. But I'm very familiar with the people come here to read. As a hideout from their problems. "

She got defensive," I'm not trying to hide."

He raised his eyebrow at her," We can continue our conversation later, but now, tell me what book you need. "

She told him the title and author's name of a book, but got hugely surprised when the blonde stranger got that book without any difficulty and handed it to her. " Here you go."

She accepted it," Thanks." Then she turned to walk in.

" Excuse me!" He stopped her, she turned around to look at him. " That room is not allowed for public. You can read in the first 3rd hall at the corridor. That would be less crowded. "

She turned in her direction and walked beside him till the 3rd hall, which was really less-crowded, only four or five people were there. Before entering the hall she looked at him again," Thanks again. Your... name?"

His eyes widened a little. She realised what she just did and quickly tried to rectify it, but he replied before she can interrupt. " Steve. And you?"

" Uh... Natasha. " she said with hesitation.

" Nice to see you, Natasha." Then he left turning around with a smile at her.

And her cheeks heated up when her name spelt out from his lips. She shook her head then walked into the hall with that book. Praying under her breath that she wouldn't think much about this Steve.

Later that night, Natasha walked up to Yelena's room. She pushed her door open and knocked on it to announce her presence. Yelena asked her to come in. She talked to her about how she spent her day and asked about hers.