Path of Destruction (III)

Y/N POV

When walking with Stelle, or rather, practically being carried by Stelle, you found out that Kafka and Blade were hiding out in the Divination Commission. "She says she's not able to leave the Luofu and was in need of my help. And that I had someone to pick up along the way... I suppose that someone is you," Stelle glanced at you curiously.

"Are you a Stellaron Hunter?" She asked you curiously.

"I'm not... I've heard of the name but truthfully I don't know too much about them." You'd say as you knew it must be strange for Stelle to see someone who is associated with those from the Stellaron Hunters.

"Okay... but you hang out with the ones who are a part of that group. Does this mean you're going to join them?" Stelle asked.

You'd raise an eyebrow, "How do you know that Kafka and the others are a part of the Stellaron Hunters?" But you patiently listened to Stelle explain her story. How she joined the astral express and how she is a part of the Nameless.

It seemed that Stelle had some coordinates to find Kafka and Blade. Your heart began to speed up the closer the two of you were to Kafka and Blade. You already were looking forward to seeing him again.

When you both turned a corner, Kafka was standing outside of a building tucked in the middle, yet it still was inconspicuous. You'd notice Kafka smile when looking at Stelle. There had to be history between them in some way.

Kafka went on some long tangent about time and choices that you could care less about. But perhaps this is a prelude into who you will be working with later. She spoke of Elios which caught your attention as well.

Kafka smiled to Stelle, "So was this your choice? To respond to my request for help?"

The question made Stelle think for a moment. Before she replied, "Yes, it sounded like you needed help."

"I do, Blade is in a prickly situation. On the Xianzhou... you two are the only ones I could turn to." Kafka let out a mysterious smile to both you and Stelle. But the smile would fade a little as she turned to look at Blade.

Your eyes fell on him and you could see that something was wrong. It looked like he was meditating. As if he were containing a monster inside him he didn't want to let out. You could feel your chest ache slightly as you noticed that he was hurt too. What the hell happened?

"Being stricken with mara is the inescapable destiny of the long-life species. It is a madness triggered by the accumulation of emotion and memories," Kafka explained to Stelle. You merely listened in with them. "Blade doesn't remember much, but the mara still haunts him in some form..."

You frowned at this. But Kafka continued, "After we arrived on the Xianzhou, the mara flared up so violently that even my Spirit Whisper couldn't suppress it. He's not fit for interstellar travel in this state." This was worse than you thought as you wondered what made him shut down like this.

Spirit whisper? You'd wonder... what you could gather was that it was Kafka's power. Something that could suppress Blade's mara. Yet your eyes couldn't leave his fresh wounds. The bandages on his body were bloodied from his most recent battle. One you didn't know about... just what sort of work do they do here?

"I plan to use Spirit Whisper to temporarily seal the mara by reducing its potency. I need to focus all my concentration so I'll be vulnerable for some time. I need you to protect me while I suppress Blade." Kafka said to Stelle. "And Y/N... I figured your presence would be a calming factor for Blade. With your current condition you can't help Stelle fight the nearby monsters so, you won't mind staying in the room with him, will you?"