Episode 14 - Onlookers

"Alejandra!" The Duchess called from her quarters as maids surrounded her, styling her hair and dressing her up. 

"Yes, Mother?" Alejandra dropped by on the door rather quickly. Her hair tied up in a fabulous bun and her hair sprinkled with flower ornaments. She wore an uncharacteristically long dress, one that reached all the way past her ankles. 

It was a blue coral dress, that sparkled with glitter, and brandished with sapphires and pearls. She looked like a mermaid.

"Can you tell your Father to change my attire for the Crown Prince's official return?" Roselia complained with her hands on the wall, as she gasped from the sudden tightening of her corset. "Not that tight!" She smacked the hands of the maid and did it herself.

Alejandra sighed. "You know we can't do that, Mom. Dad specifically said we have to dress up today." She leaned on the door frame as she watched her Mother groan while looking at herself in the mirror.

"Do I not look beautiful in my coat and pants?" She grimaced. "Should I poke some sense into your father's eyes."

"He'll find you hot in anything you wear, Mom." The Lady smirked.

"Alejandra! Don't say such uncivil things!" The Duchess scolded but her red face said otherwise. "Where is your father anyway?"

"He's busy preparing the carriage and the gifts to the Prince." Alejandra explained. She walked away and ushered one of the maids away before finishing and fixing up her Mother's dress herself.

"Thank you very much, Alejandra." Roselia sighed as she twirled around in front of the mirror. She frowned. "How am I supposed to apprehend criminals in such fashion?"

"You're not supposed to."

"Tell that to the incompetent guards."

"They're Royal Guards, Mom. I don't think it's right to say that."

"I was head of them once. I know how lax they are."

"Fair enough."

Roselia fixed her contours and puffed her cheeks with a bit more makeup before stepping out of the room with her daughter. "Oh and Liselle?" She addressed her head maid. "Can you pack my swords in my luggage?"

"Mom."

"Fine."

Liselle chuckled at the mother and daughter and bowed her head. "Have a good day today, Your Grace." 

"Thanks, Liz. See you later!" Alejandra waved as the door behind them closed and they made their way down the stairs with her father waiting for them in the main lobby.

"Put this in the back carriage…and this one, save it for tomorrow night's ball." He told one of the servants who nodded and moved quickly on their own. He began to address another servant when he heard his wife's voice.

"Joseph!" Roselia called with a skip in her voice. She gazed at her husband dressed in a fine white buttoned suit. With glorious golden shoulder straps and apparels. The Duchess gasped and sped down the stairs, much at the worry of her daughter.

"Mom! don't run on a dress! Ack!" Alejandra felt her foot slip but she caught herself. She couldn't catch her mother who jumped off herself while running down the steps.

Joseph blinked, panicked a bit, then immediately opened his arms and prepared for his wife's fall. Roselia smiled as her fall wasn't dangerous whatsoever, as she fell slowly like a feather. 

She gently landed into her husband's arms, princess carry style. "Rosie, you really gotta stop scaring us like that." He chuckled and kissed her in the lips.