Light

He sat on the cold ground, his tears falling down on the framed picture of him and his girl. Smiling, his only light anguished leaving him speechless in the darkness. A million things he wished he could say, a million things he wished he could have said. His phone lay next to him. He ignores every text, call, voice mail he gets. He has not been outside of his apartment for three weeks.

He has barely eaten, slept, talked. He just sits in the dark of his apartment wishing his light was there. His phone rings and he watched as the caller id flashed. He knew he should answer let people know he wasn't dead, or about to be. He held the phone in his hands but just couldn't bring himself to answer. His thumb just hovering over his screen. His screen flashes 'twenty-three missed calls.'

His looks through his contacts and sees her, her name in bold, her name with hearts. He dialed the number and held it to his ear hesitantly.

"I am so sorry I missed your call. Leave your name and number and I'll get back to you when-ever I can." Her honeyed voice informed; his heart clenched. his mind went blank. He just wanted to talk to her one last time, but he knows he will never be able to call her again. "I miss you. I know you will never be able to hear this." His eyes started to swell; his voice shaky.

"I just want to hear your voice again. I just want you." He sobbed, he shut his eyes tight when he heard the beep. He hung up grudgingly and continued to cry into the darkness. A knock echoes through his apartment. He doesn't respond, he watches the door in a numb haze.

"Pal, I know your there. Open up, please." Steve waited for a response, but he knew he wouldn't get one. "Please Buck, you're scaring me. I need to know you're ok." Bucky turned his back to the door heading back to his room. Grabbing her hoodie off of a chair on his way there. Hugging it to his chest, flopping down on his bed. burying his face in her hoodie. He started to tear up again, the pit in his stomach growing deeper.

"It doesn't smell like her."