Laurel is Hot

"Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven asks as I walk into the kitchen.

"Yeah, for today.But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven." My mom says, and she's not wrong. Steven looked amazing. "Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her."

"Ew. No way." Steven says I'm disgust.

"Then take Vivian. You don't have a date yet right sweetie?" She asks with a smile.

"Uhm no I do not." I say looking down.

"I'm already going with Shayla." Steven adds as I look up and see him staring at me.

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel asks.

"Yes." Steven answers.

"As an escort?" Laurel asks.

"Wrap your head around it, Mom, all right? Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi,
so you'll meet her." Steven says with a smile.

"That's wonderful." Laurel says smiling.

"Oh, and don't forget, Ms. Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock." Susannah tells Belly and I.

"I'm asking Cam today." Belly says smiling.

"I don't know my kids anymore." Laurel tells Susannah.

"Wait, are you wearing makeup?" Susannah asks Laurel with a smirk.

"Yeah, she's wearing makeup." I say smiling at Laurel as I walk past her.

"Oh, my... She definitely is." Susannah says getting excited.

"Oooo." We all say teasing her.

"So what? We're having a party." Laurel defends herself.

"I'm sure it has nothing to do with John coming to the clam bake?" Susannah says smirking at me.

"The husbands always come for the Fourth." Laurel states.

"He's not your husband anymore." Belly states.
And he's not my moms either.

"You know, I still don't understand why you invited Dad's girlfriend." Steven says looking at his mom as him and I sit in the island.

"Her name is Victoria, and your father wanted
us all to meet her." Laurel says with raised eyebrows. I look at Steven look down sad and even thought with everything that happened last night I grab his hand under the table and squeeze before letting go. "Oh, Belly, I need you to make up the guest bed."

"Wait, Dad and Victoria are staying here? In the room next to mine?" Belly asks in disbelief.

"Yeah." I say laughing at her. "Can't wait to hear that."

"Oh, speaking of dads, yours called. He's closing a deal, so he can't come." Susannah tells Jere and I.

"What?" Jeremiah says upset as I look at Conrad who just walked in.

"Did you say Dad's not coming?" Conrad asks.

"Yep." I say as we sadly smile at eachother knowing why.

"But I got some serious fireworks for the show this year." Jere says.

"We'll take a video." Susannah says shrugging.

"It's not the same." Jere adds upset. Jere always liked dad more than Conrad and I.

"What're you smiling over there for?" I ask Conrad teasing.

"No reason." He says shrugging.

"Laurel, will you come help me move the table?" Susannah asks as the moms leave.