Chapter 17

(England's POV)
I woke up sitting on a chair. I knew what was happening, I would live all of my worst fears in this place.

I started crying as I remembered last time this had happened, with Tom and Lila. They had been the only ones who could calm me down through all of this.

Now I would have to go through all of it alone. The Phantom wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I looked up, knowing the Phantom would be sitting across from me. But, he wasn't. Lila and Tom were.

"T-Tom? Lila? You're.... Alive?" I asked. They looked just as scared and surprised as I was. "We're alive?" Lila asked.

"Of course we're alive. Iggy isn't dead, which means the only way we can see him is if he's alive." Tom answered.

They were alive! How? "How are you guys alive?!" I exclaimed. "How should I know? Ask Tom, he's the know it all." Lila replied.

Tom shook his head. "Even I don't know." He answered. We spent the next couple minutes in silence.

"So... Now what?" Lila asked. I shrugged. "How about we get out of here?" I suggested. Then a chill went down my spine as the Phantom came into the room.

"I'm afraid it's too late for that." He said. He pulled out a gun and aimed it at Lila's head. "So, what will it be: Lila's life," he then pointed the gun at Tom, "or Tom's." He finished.

I felt my jaw drop open. I couldn't choose between my two best friends, it was impossible.

"Uh....." I couldn't do it. "Both. Save them both." I finally said. The Phantom chuckled. "You'll need to pay a worthy price for both of them to live." He said.

I nodded. "I know." I took in a shaky breath. "Take my life for theirs." Lila gasped. "What? No! You can't kill him!" She exclaimed.

The Phantom laughed. "It's his decision, peach. Now, since you're willing to die, you actually can." He said.

"No! England, listen to me. You can't die, if you die, all of England will be destroyed. It's better for me or Lila to die, nothing will happen.

"You've already believed us dead for like, fifty years. Nothing happened, you can not die." Tom said.

"No. You're wrong, everything happened. I had nightmares for years, I got depression. You guys will have each other if I die, I would have no one." I replied.

"But...." Lila started. "No." I looked at the Phantom. "Shoot." He laughed. "You think I'd let you off that easily? No. You have caused me too much pain, now it's my turn to return the favor."

He cocked the gun and shot Lila, then Tom. "AAAHHH!!! My leg!!!" Lila screamed. "I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD HURT SO BAD!!!!" Tom exclaimed.

My eyes widened and everything went black as I felt myself pass out.

(A/N)
Again, I'm sorry for the sad chapter, but it is part of the plot. Also, sorry it's so short. There's only one or two more of these chapters left, so bear (or however it's spelled) with me.
~Jess