1

TW: abus3,  (if you don't like that then skip to where it says end of tw)

Bruce'sPOV:

(MODERN AU)

I was walking around the city soaking wet. Since I had forgotten my umbrella at home and I didn't know it was going to be raining. I  ran under some store sign. I was about to text my friend Vance, but then I remembered he's grounded for sneaking out, and his mom took away his phone.

I heard a female voice from one of the tv's in a nearby shop window. I walked over to the tv and decided to see what was on. There was at least 4 people by me, but I didn't pay attention to them that much,"Spider-man saves the city once again." Says the lady on the tv. After that the lady just said some random stuff and gave Spider-man some compliments and stuff,"Alright that's all on fox 4 news, I'm Julia hawks and thanks for tuning in."(I'm sorry I had too-)

Tbh I couldn't help, but smile a little. I'm glad some people appreciate me I mean sureeee some people only appreciate spider-man, and not the person under the mask, but still. I work my butt off protecting this city, and the citizens.

Some people think I don't deserve any credit, but I have probably almost died at least 20 times or more. and if I wasn't around people would have probably gotten hurt/died. Anyways, I walked out into the rain about to walk back to my apartment, but I saw someone familiar standing in front of me with an umbrella. It was Donna from school. I only really knew her because Finney decided to introduce me to her one day,"Hey Bruce!" She says smiling,"Oh uh hey Donna-"I respond smiling back at her,

"Why are you in the rain without an umbrella you're going to catch a cold, plus you don't even have a jacket on silly." She says,"I didn't know that it was going to rain today, or I would have been a little more prepared." I say. She laughs a little,"Oh okay, anyway do you want to walk with me since we do live in the same apartment building so I guess that's probably where you're heading."

"Oh uh sure."

"Okay great!" She says smiling again, She handed me the umbrella and put on her hood of her jacket. We started walking for a little in silence. We made some small talk, but it wasn't anything interesting. We got to the apartments, and said our goodbyes I also gave her back her umbrella. I took the elevator to my floor I was kinda surprised it didn't get stuck this time which happens a lot. I kinda understand why I mean it is an old apartment building after all it's basically 39 years old.

I got to my apartment door, and unlocked the door heading inside,"Amy, mom, dad, I'm home!" I called out, but no answer. I shut the door behind me, and checked each room even mine, but still nothing. I looked at the fridge it had a note on it. The note says:
________________________________
[_______________________________]
Bruce we have went to go get groceries, and we brought Amy with us, if your hungry there is some leftover pizza in the fridge, we should be back soon.
                   Love you
                                -Mom<3
________________________________
[_______________________________]

I decided to put on some headphones and listen to my music. Suddenly I heard a ding. I checked my phone and saw a text message from Vance.

[___CHAT___]
Vance: Hey Brucey

Bruce:Oh hey Vance I thought your supposed to be grounded?

Vance:I still am, but why not get into even more trouble.

Bruce:Ofc..

Vance:Oh please don't act like you didn't ignore me for a month just because I didn't text you back.

Bruce:I did not

Vance:Oh really?

Bruce:I don't know what your talking about

Vance:You know exactly what I'm talking about

Bruce:No I don't

Vance:Don't play fucking dumb Bruce-

Bruce:Go listen to your rock n roll music or something

Vance:I can't:/

Bruce:Why?

Vance:Yk why I can't:/

Bruce:Oh right your grounded sucks to be you

Vance:I swear I will fucking murder you

Bruce:No you won't:]

Vance:I'm really fucking tempted to Yamada

Bruce:Anyways I'm going to go

Vance:Okay Dipshit

Bruce:See you tomorrow?

Vance:See you Brucey

Bruce: Bye Vancey

*BazeBALL has went offline*
*PinBALL has went offline*

I turned off my phone and layed down on the couch. I was about to go to sleep when I heard the group chat notifications going off. I opened the group chat and saw Robin and Finney and the others talking about something Random and Vance telling them to shut the fuck up. I was going to chime in, but I didn't. I just decided to read the messages for a little before silencing my phone and putting it down.

Vance'sPOV:

After awhile everyone in the group chat finally shut up. I heard my mom yell my name, so I got up off my bed and walked into the living room,"Oui Maman?" I say not bothering to look at my mom,"Ton père veut que tu descendes les escaliers, chérie." My mom responds.
(START OF TW!!)
I tried to hide the fear in my face knowing my dad probably found out I didn't capture spider man. I slowly walk down into the basement. I was met with a beer bottle thrown at me luckily I dodged it and it hit the wall.

"You couldn't even accomplish one simple fucking task!"

"Look I tr-" Slap. All that was left from where his hand was a red slap mark across my cheek,"Your so fucking useless who am I supposed to count on to get rid of spider-man when I have a bullshit of a son!" I felt him hit me in the face. I fell against the wall and my dad continued punching me. He started kicking me when I was on the floor. Kicking me hard in the rib. He eventually stopped and left me there on the floor.

I didn't even make an attempt to get up. I just laid on the ground holding my side instead.
(END OF TW!)
================================================================================================
Finally finished chapter one!

This took so longggggg

Sorry this took so long to get out I don't have any motivation

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter and tell me if there's any mistakes!

Word count: 1096 words!