chapter one.

a/n: btw the names (of yeosang's siblings) mentioned in this story aren't supposed to represent any idols or real people. i just liked them, so i used them for this ff!

////////////////////////////////////

It was a sunny spring day.

Leaves gently rustled in the wind and birds were softly chirping their little songs.

Yeosang was just about to put flowers in a pretty vase, every window wide open to let the fresh but still cool air inside.

He took a deep breath, taking in the lovely scent of the flowers, when there was a quiet knock on his door.

"Come in", he said, still holding a few flowers in his hand.

The maid who knocked, entered the room. Always a bit shocked at how beautifully clean and synchronised everything looked.

"Your mother asked for you to come down for the afternoon tea, young prince.", she said.

"I will be there in a few minutes, thank you.", Yeosang replied with a smile.

Loosing it as soon as the maid has bowed and left the room.

Yeosang didn't like how everyone spoke so serious, especially with him.

He wanted to be known as [Yeosang] and not [the youngest crownprince of Aurora].

He couldn't change this anyway, although it still bugged him very often.

He continued arranging the flowers nicely.

When it was finished, he looked proudly at his work, immidiately getting in a better mood.

*There was just nothing more beautiful than freshly picked flowers.*

Yeosang thought to himself while leaving his room to go to the pavilion, where his family was most likely already waiting for him.

As he walked through the castle, he listened if he could hear anything,

but... nothing.

*It was as silent as always.*

Only his footsteps echoed through the halls.

His oldest brother Jiyun was about to become the new king of Aurora.

When Yeosang arrived at the ivy-covered pavilion, his family was discussing the planning of the crowning ceremony again.

As always.

Don't get him wrong, Yeosang loved his older brother and wanted nothing more than to finally see him on the throne, making his own decisions for the kingdom,

but the constant reminder that Jiyun was soon able to do things, he could only dream of, bothered him.

Truth be told, Yeosang would never want to be in such an important, high position and maybe it was just youthful stubbornness, but still.

It just bothered him.

He greeted his family, while settling down next to his older sister Chaeyeong.

Overwhelmed by the always extravagantly decorated table, he didn't even notice the butler, pouring steaming hot tea into his porcelain cup.

As soon as he became aware of it, Yeosang quickly thanked him.

Chaeyeong started chuckling to herself as she observed the act.

His sister was Yeosangs best friend ever since he was little.