Chapter 4

Mature scenes in this chapter!!

Axel's POV:

It had been three months since I had moved in with a mafia underboss, and life had never been better. I was an anxious mess the first few weeks and always kept my door locked with a chair wedged under the handle, but after a while, I realized that Dante was serious about giving me time. We would have dinner together every day and we would occasionally just hang out and watch movies. Slowly he would try to cuddle me but would immediately back off if I seemed uncomfortable and apologize.

I had never been around someone who prioritized my feelings and comfort so I quickly adjusted to him and started to enjoy his touch.

I sighed as I made my way down the hall to the dining room.

Life has gotten so much better since I moved in. I was getting enough sleep, I had gained some weight, and I was already gaining experience shadowing a surgeon. Brandon would drive me to and from school and we had gotten pretty close. He has always been kind but now he has completely adopted me as his little brother. Dr. Liam Johnson didn't like me at first, he had thought I had slept my way into the position but he quickly changed his tune after a few days of working with me.

It felt like life was looking up and things were getting better. I walked into the dining room and sure enough there he was sitting at the table with a glass of wine in his hand. He spotted me and smiled as I walked to him. I went to sit next to him but he pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arm around my waist. I squeaked as my butt hit his thighs.

"How was school?" he asked nonchalantly.

I adjusted myself so that I was sitting in his lap properly. I had gotten used to him. He was a very touchy person and I could only imagine how he would be if we became lovers. I tilted my head as I realized how ambiguous our relationship was.

"It went well... How was work? Did you ever meet that assassin again?" I asked as I pushed my thoughts aside.

"Nope. But I do have some important news. I'll be flying to Germany to settle some business."

I frowned and sulked my shoulders.

"Awe... Are you going to miss me?" He asked playfully. I nodded.

"Nope," I said, popping the p sound in the word.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yup. Why would I miss you?" I asked sarcastically as I looked at him with an eyebrow. I had never regretted speaking as much as I did then. He seemed genuinely hurt and upset.

"I... I didn't mean it!" I said quickly as I grabbed his face.

"I'll miss you..." I mumbled as my cheeks turned pink. He smiled again and gave me a gentle squeeze.

"You don't have to say things you don't mean."

"But..." I was silenced with a fork full of food. It effectively shut me up as I chewed happily. He chuckled as he handed me the fork and watched me eat. Every time we ate together he would always watch me with a smile on his face.

"So how long will you be in Germany?"

"I don't know. I've got a lot to settle over there." He sighed before taking a sip of wine.

"Just stay safe and come back unhurt," I mumbled.

"Awe are you worried about me?~"

"Of course! Your job is dangerous!" I huffed before shoving a piece of steak into my mouth. He chuckled before putting his wine glass down. He wrapped his other arm around me and hugged me as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I leaned my head against his.