56.storm

Zhang Yi sat at home, quietly waiting for his crazy neighbors to arrive.

His face bore a serious expression, and in front of him was an array of weapons.

At this moment, he received a message from the security guard, Uncle You.

"Xiao Zhang, you better run! They're all coming for you with tools," Uncle You warned.

A slight warmth filled Zhang Yi's heart. In this world, it was rare to find good people.

He smiled and replied, "Uncle You, don't worry, I can handle it."

Uncle You fell silent for a moment, as if he understood that running away wouldn't be an option at this point. Resistance was the only choice.

He said, "Xiao Zhang, I hope you make it out alive. I'm sorry; I might not be able to help you this time."

Uncle You felt ashamed because he owed Zhang Yi a debt of gratitude. When Zhang Yi had reminded him to stock up on supplies, Uncle You had filled his home with instant noodles, sausages, and other items. Now, he was living relatively comfortably, but seeing that Zhang Yi was about to be surrounded by so many people, he felt helpless.

Zhang Yi calmly said, "The fact that you didn't join them shows your kindness. It's okay; I don't need you to worry about me."

Uncle You's choice was the right one. Helping Zhang Yi at this moment would likely result in being attacked by over a hundred other residents.

After a brief chat with Uncle You, Zhang Yi was cautious not to reveal any details about his home. He couldn't afford to trust anyone completely, regardless of who they were.

Before long, Zhang Yi felt a slight trembling beneath his feet. Outside, there was a rumbling sound.

"They're here," Zhang Yi said casually.

He knew that the sound was coming from over a hundred people making their way up the stairs. However, Zhang Yi lived on the 24th floor. The elevator was out of order, so the people coming up the stairs were bound to be exhausted.

But the people outside were not the only ones. At least, through the large screen that displayed the entire unit's surveillance, Zhang Yi saw his neighbor from 2402 also coming out with kitchen knives and wrenches.

Next door was a married couple, with the woman holding a kitchen knife while hiding behind the man. Their eyes glowed with envy as they gazed at Zhang Yi's door. It seemed that after learning about his luxurious life over the past two weeks, they were filled with jealousy.

The crowd continued to pour in, blocking the corridor in front of Zhang Yi's door. Some people held umbrellas overhead to shield themselves from any water he might pour outside.

Before long, someone couldn't resist and started pounding on his door.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

"Zhang Yi, come out! This is your last chance if you don't want to die!"

"Don't wait for us to break in, or it'll be too late!"

Through the surveillance, Zhang Yi didn't see anyone like Sun Zhichao, and he didn't see Chen Zhenghao either. The fact that these people were banging on his door confirmed that they hadn't informed them of the actual situation inside his home.

In other words, their goal was to use the other neighbors as cannon fodder, making them endure Zhang Yi's crossbow bolts and high-voltage shocks.

Zhang Yi didn't hold back either. He had more than enough power sources in his hands, so he didn't care about using electricity.