𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗽 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ⁰²

★・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★

Author's POV

Two days had slipped away like a fleeting dream, and now it was the wedding day, a day where the destinies of two individuals were destined to be forever altered.

Jeon Jungkook stood resplendent in his extravagant tuxedo, and beside him, Ju Won, his three-year-old son, mirrored his father's elegance in a miniature tuxedo. The father-son duo looked as handsome as could be.

"Papa, whewe awe we going?" the curious toddler inquired.

"It's your father's wedding, Ju Won-ah," Ju Won's grandmother chimed in as she arrived at Jungkook's mansion.

"Gwanma!!!!" The little bunny waddled over to his grandmother, who looked as elegant and beautiful as ever.

"How are you, my son?" Mrs. Jeon embraced Jungkook warmly and planted a loving kiss on his cheek.

"I am good," he replied, returning the hug but maintaining his cool demeanor.

"Ready for the wedding?" His mother questioned him.

"Yes, Mother," they both replied in unison, and with Ju Won in tow, they made their way to the main door of the marriage hall.

Meanwhile, on the other side, a different scene unfolded.

Ashley was in the midst of her preparations, surrounded by four makeup artists who were diligently working to enhance her beauty.

Her face remained devoid of emotion, neither happy nor sad.

"Make sure her makeup conceals any imperfections and gives her a more slender look," her mother instructed, her voice tinged with irritation.

"Yes, ma'am, we're doing our best to make her look as slender as possible," one of the makeup artists replied, a hint of annoyance in their tone.

The stark contrast between the two worlds couldn't have been more evident as the preparations continued for the impending wedding.
As Ashley sat in the makeup chair, her mother's critical eyes never left her. Mrs. Adams seemed to find fault in every detail of her daughter's appearance.

"Her nose should be more sculpted," she commented sharply, as if Ashley's features were mere clay to be molded.

The makeup artists exchanged nervous glances but continued their work, attempting to adhere to Mrs. Adams' demanding standards.

"Make her eyes look bigger and more captivating," her mother added, her tone brimming with impatience.

Ashley, for her part, remained silent, resigned to this lifelong scrutiny. She had grown used to her mother's relentless quest for perfection, which had been instilled in her since childhood. Her worth in her mother's eyes was inexorably tied to her appearance.