Confessions

It's 3am and I'm abruptly woken up by a call, it's Nick. Nick is my best friend that I've been hardcore crushing on since 16.

I put the phone to my ear and yawn sleepily. "Hello?"
His voice is slurred, he's clearly drunk. "Heyyyyyyyy. I wanna come over and hang out." I sigh into the phone and rub my eyes. "Nick it's 3am..."

"Yea, so what? Don't be a party pooper." His voice sounds louder than normal, like he's in a club or something. "Are you in a club?" I frown slightly in confusion. "Mhm" He replies. There's the sound of muffled music in the background. "Just leave the front door unlockeddd." I sigh once more and walk downstairs. "Alright, how long do you think you'll be?" I say as I unlock the door and head back upstairs to my room. "I dunno, maybe half an hour? I'm just finishing up a few things." He slurs his words.

"Alright, the doors open, see you later." I say sleepily, getting back into bed. "See you later, Leahhhh." He hangs up. A few minutes later I hear it open and Nick enter. "I'm upstairs!" I yell from my room.
My door opens and Nick comes in and crawls onto the bed. "Heyyyyy." He smiles drunkenly. "How much have you had to drink?" I ask concerned. "Justtttttt a feweee drinksssss." He lays down and closes his eyes. "I love youuu." He mumbles. My heart stops for a minute at his words, surely he doesn't mean it in that way? "Yeah yeah, I love you too now stay here whilst I get you some water."

"No, I wanna be with you." He starts cuddling me, smelling of alcohol. "You're my favorite person, Leah." He mumbles. "Nick you need to sober up a little or you're gonna feel worse tomorrow.." I pat his back as he hugs me. "Naaaahhh, I just want to hold you." He starts kissing my neck, causing me to freeze for a minuite, my heart skipping a beat. "Nick what are you doing..?" I ask suspiciously. "Holding youuu." He says sloppily. "I love youuuu..." He kisses my neck again. "You're just drunk you don't really mean that." I chuckle lightly, trying to save myself from getting hurt. "No I doo meannn it." He says, pulling my face towards his to kiss my lips.

As he kisses me my eyes go wide in shock and I freeze completely, not sure if I should kiss back because of the situation we're in. He breaks the kiss after a couple of seconds and smiles down at me. "So prettyy." He touches my cheek before leaning in again, this time more abruptly. I gently push him away. "I can't...you're drunk, its not right." I sigh sadly. He frowns and leans in again. "C'moooonnn Leahhhh." He says childishly. I cup his cheek gently before speaking. "You probably won't remember this tomorrow so...Nick, I love you and...more than a friend. I want to kiss you more than anything but you're drunk and it's wrong for me to take advantage of that."

His eyes light up, and his sober demeanor returns for a moment as his jaw drops. "You love meeee? You want to kiss meeee? Me?" He looks at me excitedly, waiting for a confirmation. "Yes, you." *I giggle softly. "I've loved you for so long." I whisper. "You're telling me that you love meee and you want to kiss meeee and you haven't done anything about it before noww?" His voice sounds drunk yet more serious as he says it. "Mhmmm..and you won't remember a thing tomorrow." I smile weakly, kind of sad that this would end the next morning. He frowns at this. "But that's not fairrr." He shakes his head, clearly very annoyed. "You should've told meee." Despite being annoyed, he looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

"I wish I could but I'm scared I'll ruin things." I tell him quietly. "Leah you have to tell me these things, I can't read your mind." He sighs. "So you want to kiss me but not whilst I'm drunk?" He asks, just to clarify. I chuckle and hug myself. "Very much." It was true, as much as I wanted this, I didn't want him to regret it. "Mhm and what about doing more than just kissing?" He smirks mischievously, nudging me. I hit his arm playfully and laugh. "Nickolas Gene Carter!" He laughs, knowing full well what he was implying. "C'moooonn, I need a kiss, nowww." He says, crossing his arms and pouting like a child.