Chapter 1 : Adoption

A cool breeze filled the air, the grass swayed as the sun came up. A beautiful spring morning. I got dress quickly, today was the day I was getting adopted. I checked myself in the mirror and fixed my hair. I didn't know who adopted me but I couldn't wait to meet them. My father the king threw me away after labeling me useless in front of countless nobles. I still can't believe someone adopted me. I walked out the adoption center and looked up to see a women lending to the side, she was looking out into the distance and turned to face me. I hid under the orphanage attendant's leg. The women walked up to me and put her hand under my chin, then leg go.
"Is this him?"
"Yes, this is Maximilian Kasin Ashet, age 7."
"He's adorable. Hello." The women said looking at me. "My first name is Karen, but you can call me mom. From this day forth you are my son." My new mother said after she kneeled down to my level. Then she stood back up. "You prepared the extra activity right?"
"Y-yes, I- is this safe?"
"I am a expert mage. Of course it's safe."
"A-alright..."
"Also, you won't be allowed in the room with the boy."
"I can't-"
"You will follow directions, or do I need to tell Claude about this..."
"N-no your highness..."
"Good..."
The women turned to me. "Follow me Max, we got one more thing to do before you leave." I followed my new mother to a open field.