001, the new student

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER ONE
━━━━ season one, episode one

CHAPTER ONE━━━━ season one, episode one

pilot!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It's been four months since the car accident that resulted in the death of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert, which left their daughter and niece, to be the only survivors. Reeling from their death, the Sommers-Gilbert family became one after Jenna, while grieving over her sister and brother in-law, became Elena and Jeremy's guardian after her and her daughter, Athena, moved in. Elena, after having nightmares of the accident, she eventually reached the denial stage, Jeremy turned to drugs as a coping mechanism, and Athena, sometimes woke up screaming from her night terrors.

It was now the first day of Junior Year for Athena and Elena, and continuing the routine, since her daughter hadn't woken up from her slumber yet, Jenna knocked on Athena's bedroom door, which caused the said girl to awaken, with the sound of her own scream echoing in her ear being the last thing she heard before her mother spoke.

"Athena, are you up?" Jenna called from outside her bedroom door.

"Yep." Athena replied with a groan, giving her the confirmation she needed before Jenna had left her alone to get dressed. The seventeen-year old pulled the blanket off her, before she practically rolled out of bed and landed on the floor. Huffing to herself, Athena got up before heading towards her bathroom.

Now dressed for the day, Athena exited her room and made her way downstairs at the same time as Elena, where they met with Jenna approaching the fridge before opening it. She scanned inside it for a moment, tapping her fingers on the handle as she looked back at the girls. "Toast. I can make toast."

Elena hung her jacket that she was going to wear, over the top of the chair, before approaching the counter and picked up a mug. "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena said, while she poured the liquid into the mug. Meanwhile, Athena stood next to the fridge, making her usual caramel iced coffee, when Jeremy walked in.

"Is there coffee?" He asked, heading towards his sister and took the coffee mug out of her hand as if it was for him. Elena sighed, throwing her free hand up in the air before turning to the drainer to grab herself another mug to pour the coffee in, to replace the one Jeremy took from her.

Jenna rushed towards her bag. "Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." She got what she needed before walking over to the teenagers and held out her hands. "Lunch money?" Jenna offered to the siblings, knowing her daughter was already sorted. Elena politely declined, however, Jeremy accepted the money with no hesitation.