𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒.

1994;

The rain poured down relentlessly, almost flooding the castle and saturating everything in sight. The sky was filled with a heavy overcast of, grey clouds, blanketing the entire area in its gloomy embrace. A cool, damp wind carried the heavy scent of the downpour.

"We're going to be late," Pansy said, her voice slightly muffled by the rain falling onto the pavement.

"I don't really care," Viola replied with a nonchalant shrug.

Viola and Pansy were walking quickly, their robes entirely drenched by the water as they tried to hold on to their skirts that were almost flying from the wind. Despite the rainy weather, however, they seemed to enjoy it, as if it added to the excitement and energy of their hurry to get to their class on time.

They made their way inside, a slight laugh escaping them as they reflected on the experience they had just endured. Their damp hair stuck slightly to their rosy faces, a product of the chilly weather.

Their laughter died down as they heard footsteps of someone approaching, before they realized it was no other than the same boy from the train and the great hall.

Pansy cleared her throat as the two continued to stare at each other. "I'll leave you two to it then," she said, giving Viola a nod.

"You're the boy with the staring problem," Viola said, her tone slightly playful.

"That's the title I've earned myself?" the boy asked, amusement evident on his face.

"Well, it isn't official," Viola replied, seeming to flirt with the idea. "You could give me something else to call you,"

"You don't know my name?" he asks, sounding slightly confused and intrigued but also looking at her with a slight glint in his eyes.

"I don't," Viola responds a subtle smile also coming to her face upon hearing the question. "Why should I?"

"No reason unless you want to," he says, a shrug accompanying his statement. "But I know you."

"Everyone knows me," Viola responds, the tilt of her head emphasizing the factual nature of her comment.

While her remark may have come across as a bit conceited to some, the truth was that it was a fact, as many people knew of her and her prominent reputation at Hogwarts. Whether this was a good thing was extremely subjective.

The boy laughs at her remark, leaning against the stone wall with a sense of mirth as he responds.

"I'm Cedric Diggory," he says, introducing himself after his laugh "I was waiting for you to ask. But, I couldn't help myself," his eagerness to converse with her getting the best of him.

"Cedric Diggory," Viola nodded in response as she heard his name, "Viola Black," she continued, introducing herself as their conversation progressed. "Though, it seems like you've already figured that out yourself,"

"What class do you have right now?" Cedric asked, moving away from the wall, leaving only a small space between them.

"Herbology," Viola answered with a raised eyebrow.