Ellie. Present Moment.

We were children. Kids. Whatever you want to call it — Little beasts running around, laughing about.

Living life to the fullest.

And one thing is certain: Every child is naive, allowing people to get to their hearts as easily as jumping into their guardian angel's arms.

In good or bad consequence:

Every kid must've had a million friends at once, but like everybody, young or old, there is always one you prefer most.

Most of us kids had that special friend. You know, the one you smile at everytime you pass each other down a hallway, as if only you two had an inside joke.

Most of us.

But looking back, I can't really figure out where Elora stood. She was everywhere, never sticking to one person. She was different, going from people to people, spreading all that kind joy and beautiful smile around.

She had all the qualities of a perfect friend. There was such a similarity between her and Jesus, I would believe if someone told me she was sent from heaven.

Maybe she was.

Everybody needed a little Elora in their lives, and I question now why we didn't try harder with her.

I guess that was the thing with Elora — she was the easy friend that we never had to try hard with. She was funny, kind, beautiful with that sparkling smile and bright, dark green eyes, and best of all,

she was always there.

How can a first grader be taken for granted?