Chapter 5 - Kill the Crown

Her lungs hurt with how hard she was breathing. Inhaling and exhaling ragged breaths. She gripped at the wall to stay standing, but she couldn't, slowly sliding down to sit on the floor. One shaking hand covered the wound on her side. A low growl broke her lips as the sharp pain was getting to her.

Her head was slightly dizzy with the realization, they won. Mother and Father were dead. A few breathy chuckles slipped from her as she winced from the pain jolting in her ribs. She couldn't believe they did it. Kou came into her vision, crouching to meet her on the floor.

"Are you alright? Where are you hurt?" His concerned gaze flitted over her, landing on the spot that her hand covered. She slowly let her hand slide off, hissing at the sting of the healing wound. The wound was made by her mother's dagger, leaving a slit in her side, but it wasn't too deep. It would heal on its own accord, but Kou still brought his hands up to cover it, pressing his magic to the cut.

"No, don't. I'll be fine." She assured, trying to push his hands off, but he didn't budge. Healing the wound with her.

"You need to be healed soon, we have a big fight soon. We need you at top strength." Within a few seconds, the cut was gone. She still felt a bit queasy, but the pain had stopped, replaced with a bit of sleepiness. Kou pulled her to her feet, holding onto her until she stabilized herself. Glancing around the room, she spotted Kai pushing himself off the floor with Umi helping him, and the two dead bodies on the floor. She couldn't believe they did it.

"We need to move quickly and get to that weapon room." Kai commented, looking over at her. She nodded, pulling her eyes from her parents.

"Are we... just going to leave them here?" She questioned. It didn't seem right to just leave them here, but there was nothing more to do with them. They hurt her. They hurt her siblings. She should hate them, she should. But... she just couldn't.

Silently, Kou started to move Mother, lifting her body to be placed next to Father. They were all quiet to show respect. They might have been bad, but they used to love them, and that was enough.

"We should go." Kou said quietly, turning to the doors. She was quiet as she walked next to him, letting her bloody hand slip into his. Kai came up on his other side, grabbing Kou's hand. Umi held Kai's as well. They were all connected, conjoined together. She hoped it stayed that way.

They all broke off when they reached the door. Umi opened it, glancing down the hall before motioning it was clear. They moved silently through the hall. Staying close to the walls as they moved to the weaponry. No one passed them as they snuck through the passage, which was good. She didn't feel like dealing with casualties.

They slipped into the dark room, the little light barely reflecting off of the sharp blades. It seemed chilled, like the danger was leaking in the air.

When her eyes adjusted, she started grabbing guns, ammo, and knives. Loading herself up with weapons. The only sounds that could be heard was the subtle loading of guns and quiet patting of feet. It made her nervous.

She was the first to peek out the door, squinting at the bright light. After a second, the clinking of footsteps came to her ears. She darted back inside the room, sliding the door closed.

"Someone's coming." She whispered to the dark air, sliding a knife from her sleeve.

"Catch them, we need an exit." Kai muttered, pressing a hand into her back. She nodded, listening to the approaching person. When they were right in front of the door, she swung the door open. While wrapping her hands around their neck, she dragged them into the darkness of the room. Kai slammed the door back shut and she was quick to muffle any cries.