Regret Is a Form of Admiration

The fridge seemed to run silent as Dr. Pepper glared at the other sodas, letting out a sigh of pure displeasure.

"I was trying to sleep, but I guess we can't all have what we desire."

Dr. Pepper stared at the smaller sodas, rolling his eyes as he began to move away.

"Are you gonna speak or what?"

Coke put on a quick smile, greeting Dr. Pepper. quickly.

"H-hello Dr. Pepper. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Dr. Pepper sighed at his formalities, turning to both of the sodas as he showed a small smile.

"No need to act as if I'm the president. Just calm down, and quit fighting."

Pepsi and Coca-Cola stared at each other, turning the opposite sides as they listened.

"It's so stupid, fighting over who's better. In reality, no one cares about it, so stop fighting over it."

Coke stared at Dr. Pepper, opening his mouth as he started to speak.

"But... Most sodas have better sales than others, I have better sales than most. That means that I taste better."

Pepsi glared at Coke.

"Oh shut up. It's clear that you just have a bloated ego which I guess makes you have more sales. No one likes you, you're just popular", Pepsi yelled.

"You're such a prick! I wasn't even talking to you. You're such an instigator, and no one likes a soda with no morals!

"You're a horrible example of Americans, and I'm ashamed that you even wear their colors proudly!"

Pepsi began to become desperate, searching for more insults to throw at Coca-Cola.

"Well 'Coke', no one forgot about your old recipe. I guess that's where you got your name, stupid junkie!"

Coke gasped, backing away in shock. He couldn't believe that Pepsi would bring up something so private, something that he swore to hide through jokes and dialogue.

Most knew about it, though no one dared to speak of it, knowing how hard it is for sodas to recover from previous recipe addictions.

Even Dr. Pepper gasped, backing away from the scene to avoid any type of fighting.

"What?", Coke said slowly, still in shock about what Pepsi had just said.

"Wait.", Pepsi said, realizing what he had just done.

"I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it."

Pepsi repeated his words over and over again, staring in guilt at the soda in front of him.

"Why would you say that? That was private, y-you're horrible!"

As Coke moved to the lower shelf of the fridge, Pepsi stared, convincing himself that he was forced into saying it and that it wasn't his fault, though he knew it was wrong.

(1_1)

"Pepsi...", Dr. Pepper spoke quietly.

Pepsi turned around and stared at Dr. Pepper.

"I was forced. He started it. He told me that I was a disgrace to my very own country. It's not my fault, and I didn't want to say it."

Dr. Pepper let out a sigh, looking down in disappointment.

"As I said, it's stupid. Fighting over who's better is stupid. No one tastes better, or looks better, or even is better. It's all about what people think about you, and what different people think you taste like."