Chapter 2: So This Is Hell

Tobio Kageyama is a good person.

He frequently volunteered at hospitals in the children's unit, giving them painting lessons. He always enjoyed the company of kids, so it made his day to see them smile. He was an amazing student, which came as a huge surprise to his family. Tobio doesn't blame them but his Dad didn't have to say he was having a heart attack from the shock. 🙁

He was a wonderful cousin. Kentaro may disagree with that statement but he always had Komori backing him up and just the right amount of blackmail for Kiyoomi. He was an excellent fiancé. Even though Tobio sincerely believed he was nowhere compared to the amount of love Lucas gave him daily, he still tried his best to make his sunshine happy.

Truly Tobio Kageyama is a great human being!

That was what Tobio believed in before he saw the hazard right in front of him. Before Tobio could do anything his teacher gave him his seat... right next to Kunimi Akira.

Was it too late for Tobio to transfer to a different school?

Perhaps.

Should he have declined Kiyoomi and Komori's offer to attend Itachiyama?

No.

But do not worry Tobio Kageyama is the baddest bitch on this planet! He can handle a full year in the same class as his ex-childhood best friend.

How hard can it be?

It shouldn't be that difficult to ignore Kunimi.

Tobio's got this!! 😎

Tobio was losing his patience with Kunimi. He wasn't even being subtle about the stares he gave to Tobio's head. He understood he was incredibly gorgeous but the jerk didn't need to stare holes into him. He was getting close enough to give his desk mate a black eye but changed his mind last minute. He didn't want to cause trouble yet, Tobio just promised Lucas he would be on his best behavior.

He didn't want to disappoint Lucas. Which may sound like Tobio was a simp for his fiance but could you criticize him?

Have you met the 6'4 blonde?

Tobio was so lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice that the bell went off. He only realized once students around him started getting up. He had grabbed his phone ready to step out of the class to take a small stretch and bother Kentaro when he heard a voice next to him.

"Kageyama," Kunimi began speaking, "Can we talk," he asked.

Tobio froze. He was only able to stare at the boy, before deciding to ignore him and leave the classroom. He again heard his name called out but Tobio couldn't do it. He rushed out of the room looking for his cousin's class before he accidentally ran into someone. Tobio expected to fall to the ground but the person grabbed him, keeping him steady. He was about to thank the person when he saw a wide-eyed Kindaichi.

"Kageyama is that you," Kindaichi asked. Looking shocked at the blue-eyed boy in front of him.

Tobio paled as he stared at his old friend. Kindaichi didn't change at all, he still had the same ridiculous weird haircut and facial expressions. The only thing that changed about him was his height and his voice got deeper.

"Yes," he responded before dashing out of there. He was not mentally prepared to deal with the two of them yet. He couldn't care less if he ran into Mr. Self-centered or Mr. Soundless but he wasn't ready to talk to them. Unlike his ex-soulmates who never really knew him in the first place, they knew all about him.

————————————————————

Growing up Tobio didn't have many friends since he spent most of his time hanging out with his cousins. Don't get him wrong he will forever love his family but he wanted to play with someone else for a change.