chapter 1 - the breakup

"it's over, taylor," joe says. "i don't agree with your kidnapping habits."

"but joe, baby, i stopped doing that before we got together," taylor pleads.

"maybe so, but it's also because..." joe hesitates. "i'm in love with someone else."

"who is this other woman?" taylor asks, her jaw dropping in shock.

joe tenses up at the word 'woman'.

"it's... it doesn't matter. you don't know them."

"THEM?" taylor shouts. "joe... don't tell me you're a gay..."

joe looks away in shame.

"oh my god. you're leaving me for a man. i'm gonna throw up," taylor continues.

"woah. you need to calm down, taylor," joe says. "you literally made a music video with ellen and hayley kiyoko so you can't be homophobic."

taylor rolls her eyes. "whatever. get out of my house before i throw your gay ass out myself."

joe felt tears well up in his eyes. "alright..." he quickly packs a suitcase for himself of all the very cheap, poor person items he owns because he cannot afford an expensive car with his very small acting career. "you know what, taylor? i think i'll miss your private jet more than you," he says before walking out the front door of taylor's house. he pulls out his phone to call the man he broke up with taylor over: paul mescal.