01. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

__________

__________

"People believe in love at first sight, but I'm in love with the way your smile lights up my world every time I see you."
__________

North America,
Boston Highway,
8 : 00 PM

As I walked towards my car, reaching for the door handle, I settled into my car and started the engine. While driving along the road, I noticed an elderly lady in tattered clothes, her frail body hunched over from the winter's chill. Her eyes displayed a mix of fear and desperation.

She stood there, waiting for someone to help her cross the road, trembling in her weakened state, afraid to navigate the slippery path. People passed by without sparing her a single glance but didn't extend their help towards the old poor woman.

Shameless individuals.

Should I help her or not? What if she were my mom? I chuckled at my own thoughts before I parked the car to the side and stepped out, intending to approach the old lady. But before I could reach her, a girl took hold of her hand.

"Granny, you shouldn't have come out. It's freezing cold," she uttered softly, her grip on the old lady's hand filled with tenderness.

"Alright, do you want to cross the road?" she gently inquired, her voice like a sweet melody to my ears.

Her long bangs fell gracefully over her delicate face, accentuating her adorable features - pink lips, dark brown eyes, and thick, luscious dark brown hair. Her cheeks, plump and rosy. She is wearing pink ankle trousers under a long dress reaching her knees, with flat golden sandals, small earrings with bangles in hands.

For the first time, my heart experienced such emotions. My gaze fixated on her face, and I longed to hold her in my arms. My heart raced, and I froze in my place looking at the young lady.

In no time, she helped the lady to cross the frozen road covered with white snow, and in a blink of my eyes, she disappeared from my sight.

I shifted my gaze side to side to find her delicate figure on the streets but didn't find a trace of her. I took a heavy sigh before leading my way back to my Mercedes Benz.

It's normal for me to feel attracted to any girl, and she is one of them. I like to use her on my head and then leave her behind, but still, my heart is racing 10x faster than before. Why is her presence is making me feel like this?

I turn the steering wheel, changing the direction of my car towards my university for my post graduation's last day. Driving through the fast heavy vehicles, I finally reach my destination.