( zero .ᐟ ) ⤹ back to school💫

౨ৎ'🌙 .
word count: 1.34k
! chapter zero
౨ৎ back to school!

34k—★! chapter zero౨ৎ back to school!

"POLLY!" 

She giggled for the millionth time that day, enjoying the fact that she could threaten her cousin with her newfound abilities, though she never intended to act upon those threats. 

She couldn't use magic outside of Hogwarts, of course, but what they didn't know wouldn't kill them. 

Pollyanna Williams, more commonly known as Polly — she believed that Pollyanna was the name a grandma of 115 years who's body was completely decomposed and only the skeletal parts remained, deserved — was a young girl of 14 who had completed her first year at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry only a few months ago, and was now preparing to leave for her second year where she planned to become a great witch. 

When she returned, she'd been informed by her oh-so lovely Lady Tremaine ( her governess whom she despised, and she had two daughters who despised her, so it was bound to fit anyway ) that her darling cousin Merlin ( yes, he was named after the wizard ) was going to stay with her family for the coming summer, and the summer after that, and the one after that. . .until they were both of age and their parents could not make decisions for their summers anymore. 

Unfortunately for little miss Lady Tremaine, Polly and Merlin made the castle a living hell whenever they got together. It was alright to assume that mischief ran through their veins, for apparently, their fathers — both of them cousins — were similar in that way. 

Now, as much as she enjoyed Merlin's company, she also loved scaring him, and since she could only inform close family of her magic, she didn't hesitate in opening up to Merlin as soon as he came from Wales. 

Ironically enough, Merlin was born into a family where witches and wizards were considered heretics and lunatics. 

Well, until Pollyanna was accepted into Hogwarts. No noble could curse out the heir to their throne, could they? 

"So, when do you bring peace to this castle by returning to Scotland?" Merlin couldn't help but envy Polly, who'd told him of all the fun she had at Hogwarts — the friends she made, things she learned, and Quidditch! She'd loved sports as a child, and now almost 14, she wanted nothing more than to participate in the sport of the school, in any way possible — even if it was as a commentator. 

Oh, and the houses! Merlin, being the second to inherit the throne in case anything were to happen to Polly, had been tutored in the ways of the world and the royalty within the castle doors itself, and didn't exactly get a choice in the matter of whether he were to attend public or private school or not. 

Polly tried to make him understand that his health had been fragile since the day he was born, and being a year younger than her, she held a lot of influence over what he did and didn't do, even if neither of the children were aware of the fact.