D2 16: Getting Engaged?!

The VKs and Rachel who was holding her girlfriend's hand were walking past a few giggling girls who was looking and saying hi to Jay. 

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already." Carlos said to Jay as he walks Dude on a leash. 

"I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." Jay explained. 

"Ah! You're the expert. Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" Carlos asked. 

Jay leaned in close, "Listen, all you got to do... is look like me." Jay said. Carlos sarcastically laughed. 

Evie stepped in front of Jane and Lonnie. "Rachel and I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie asks. Before Jane could take the spot, Lonnie spoke first. "Me! Sorry." Lonnie apologized to Jane. 

"Perfect. I'll take you later." Evie said, walking with Rachel.

Lonnie, Evie and Rachel returned to Mal and Jane.

"I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!" Lonnie exclaimed. 

"Me, too. Wait! What?!" Mal said, shocked at the last bit. 

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." Rachel explained to the shocked Mal. 

"I knew it!" Evie exclaimed, shaking Rachel's arm a bit. 

"Well, everyone knows it." Lonnie said as if it were obvious. 

"I didn't know it!" Mal exclaimed. "How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--" Mal asked the girls before Ben walked up behind Mal.

"Hi, Mal." Ben said as he put his arm around his girlfriend. 

"Hi, Ben." Evie, Lonnie, Rachel and Jane said in unison with grins. 

"Oh, oh. Quick moment." Jane told Ben before pulling him away. 

Mal looked back at Ben as he looked up at her. "Uh, see you later." Ben told Mal with a smile. 

"Ok." Mal said sadly before walking after Rachel and Evie. 

🍎☀️🍎☀️

B

ack in Mal and Evie's dorm, Chad was wearing a ridiculous suit for Cotillion, and it didn't suit him at all. Rachel were helping Evie with prince "stupidity". 

"What about peacock feathers? Yeah, I bet you nobody's gonna have those at Cotillion." Chad said, overstepping his boundaries. 

"Chad, when I look at you, all I can think of is... "king."" Evie said, which  made Chad gasp. "And fake fur... Uh-huh. ...fake fur says it all." 

"Loud and Clear." Rachel said. 

Jay entered the dorm room, warning Chad of something they have. "Amphitheater in five!" 

"Why did the coach make him captain instead of me? I'm obviously better. "King Chad," though. I do rather like that. You know who else would like that?" Chad asks/comments. 

"Who?" Evie asked. 

"Audrey." Chad answered. 

"She would." Evie said. 

"Chad. Let's go." Jay said. 

Chad got off the stand and Evie grabbed the Cape. "I'm coming. Yeah. Oh." Chad said, tearing up and finally leaving. 

Evie and Rachel start to laugh and says, "Not a lot of there there." They said in unison. 

"Someone's obviously having some trouble dealing with his break-up with Audrey." Evie said, standing next to her girlfriend. 

"Yes. I've been doing the numbers." Rachel said. 

"Yeah?"

"And after we collect from all the girls for their gowns and Chad's cape..." Rachel said, finishing up with the numbers of items of money they get. (I'm guessing) 

"Wow! No wonder people work. What am I gonna do with all this money?" Evie said/asked. 

"I think in the next few years, you could buy that castle you always wanted. That way, you wouldn't need a princess." Rachel said, moving her hand on top of Evie's. 

Evie put her left hand on top of Rachel's hand and squeezed it. "You're right, I don't. Because I have you." Evie said, smiling at her girlfriend. 

"That's right." Rachel said, leaning in and kissed Evie's cheek making her smile. 

Word Count: 657