chapter 4

wednesday morning

Harry walks out of his room after a horrible sleep rubbing his eyes and stops short as he sees someone in the kitchen. This new boy has their back to him, messing around with something on the kitchen bench.

He's shorter than Harry, about 5 foot 8 and is dressed in a simple blue t-shirt with black jeans. His brown hair is messy, and he's softly humming a song that Harry can't quite make out.

Not wanting the boy to turn around and catch him staring, Harry turns and closes his bedroom door loudly to alert the boy of his presence. The boy turns around quickly, a mildly startled look on his face until he catches sight of Harry and the world melts away as blue eyes meet green.

Harry is sure this is Louis, the other boy Niall has told him about, who Eleanor is in love with. Harry can see why she loves him as he stares back, taking in the gorgeous sight in front of him.

(Not that he's attracted to him. He just has eyes, and can see he's gorgeous.) 

The boy has bright blue eyes with hints of green around the pupils, and his brown hair is dishevelled, almost spiky.  His lips are beautifully pink and set in a slight smile.

The boys both stand there for a good thirty seconds as the blue eyes roam Harry up and down before his face breaks into a smile.

"So you must be Harry?"

His voice is also gorgeous. He's from further North, Manchester or Yorkshire maybe. His eyes are the sort of eyes you could well and truly get lost in, with hundreds of varying shades of blue and green, and his smile reveals perfect white teeth.

Harry feels himself spacing out and has to shake his head a little to bring himself to the present moment and not make a fool of himself. Except he does make a fool of himself because it looks like he just shook his head when the boy asked if he was Harry.

The other boy furrows his eyebrows, looking a little confused.

"Are you not?"

"I, yeah, Harry I am. I mean, I am Harry." Harry groans inwardly. This is not a good first impression. The other boy laughs a little, and it touches Harry's heart.

"Thought so."

"Sorry, I'm so tired. Speech isn't working." The smaller boy laughs again and Harry smiles, a little embarrassed.

"I feel ya, it's too early to function isn't it?" Harry nods sheepishly and sits on one of stools by the kitchen as Louis turns back around to face the kitchen bench, his back to Harry.

"Are you Louis then?"

"The one and only. Guess you've heard about me then?" Louis grins a little as he speaks and Harry just shrugs.

"A little. I've heard that you've got sisters, and that Eleanor is apparently in love with you. That's it though." Louis chuckles at this, making Harry vow to become funny so he can hear that laugh all the time.

"Do you want a coffee?" Harry has never had coffee in his life. He's also never been inclined to try it, but if Louis likes it then yeah, okay.

"Yeah, okay."

"I'll grab the stuff." Louis leaves the room and returns almost immediately with a tin of instant coffee and a small container of sugar.

"Thank you," Harry says and Louis smiles his gorgeous smile at him.

"How many spoons of coffee do you have?"

"I don't know, I usually use the coffee machine at home, I don't use this stuff." Liar. Harry's never even touched a coffee machine. He's seen his parents use the one at home though.