His Power

" Why is there a handmark on your neck?"

My mind starts racing, trying to think of an excuse.

"....Um-"

Before I can say anything else, the car behind Gavin's car starts honking.

Gavin looks at the road, noticing the light was now green. Nothing else was said during the car ride. As we pull up to my house, I immediately unbuckle; Hoping Gavin forgot about the question he asked earlier.

" Thank you for driving me home- I really appreciate-"

" Are you okay? Who even did this?" He says, looking worried.

" ... Someone was drunk, and mistook me for someone else. I'm fine" I say, giving a small reassuring smile.

" Are you sure?" He says, this time putting his hand on my shoulder.

I feel blood rush to my face.

" Yup- Totally Fine!!! Thanksfordroppingmeoffokaybyeeee!" I say, getting out his car. I run to the front door and ring the doorbell. I look back and wave, before going inside.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"-And we just danced the night away! I hope I see him again!" Coco says, as her eyes were practically hearts.

" He seems like a nice guy."

" OH MY GOD- He's soooooo nice! And- He has a twin! And a little brother! And an older sister! AND- A cat! And a dog.... AND-"

" There's more?" I say, and she rolls her eyes.

" Ah this reminds me, where did you go last night?" Coco asks, as we stop at her locker.

By the time she got home last night, I was already asleep. I had to wake up early to cover the hand mark, and bruises on my arm- Which BTW are VERY dark- And VERY painful!

" I was tired" I lie.

" That explains why you looked like Vecna's victim!" She teases, and I laugh.

That's when Coco froze.

" What's wr-"

Coco turns me around, and I see Javon and a boy; Who looks almost identical walking side-by-side.

" OH MY GOD- hide me!"

It was already too late, as the boys were approaching us.

" Coco! Hey!"

" Javon" She says, nervously chucking. " You didn't tell me you go here!" She says, now messing with her nails.

" Uh yeah, I just transferred here! I'm glad to see you tho!" He says, smiling.

They start staring at each other lovingly, smiles painting across their faces.

The boy next to him elbowed him in the ribcage, causing Javon to break eye contact.

" Oh- This is Jaden! He's my twin."

The boy waves slightly, not smiling like his brother.

" He's shy!"

" no I'm not, I'd just prefer to be doing something else right now! Watching you flirt is a pain." Jaden says, earning a smile from me but a glare from Javon.

" I like this kid. Piper" I say, nodding his way.

He nods back, as he drags Javon away.

"He's so fucking cute!" Coco says, watching the boy get farther and farther away from us.