Chapter 1403-1410

Chapter 1403 In Modern Day 1

I'm an ordinary company employee. My greatest joy every day is that I can clock off on time.

This isn't something that can be realized often, because it's only from working overtime that I can receive a higher salary. Only from doing so can I gain a little sense of security.

In this aspect, my boss isn't that bad. At the very least, he'll pay for overtime, unlike the company next door who only knows how to shout slogans. All they do is pump up the employees without sparing a single penny.

Based on my observations, they aren't far from closing down, because their boss is already trying to sell off second-hand computers on his WeChat Moments.

This isn't something I discovered. I'm not friends with their boss on WeChat. This comes from the mouths of the employees.

In this world, it's sexist to say that there's gossip where there are women present. Instead, there's gossip wherever there are people.

Of course, I don't have absolute confidence in those words. There was once a time when a dog and a cat made me feel that they were watching us humans with amusement and gossiping.

Just like now, the golden retriever that always appears near my office building is sitting at the entrance.

Seriously, looking at the grooming of its fur, it doesn't look like it doesn't have a master. How can someone walk a dog without a leash? This kind of person shouldn't be rearing pets. They have no morals at all! Eh, there's a necklace around its neck, a rope, and the end of the rope is in its mouth... As I mumble, I recall of an emoticon that has been trending online:

It has strong self-control!

I snort and cast my eyes beyond the glass doors. The sky is so dark, and large beads of raindrops pummel through the stuffy humid environment and crash into the ground.

F*ck, it rained so quickly! At this moment, I want to question God.

It hadn't been easy for me to get off work on time today. To think that I would encounter a storm; furthermore, I didn't bring an umbrella with me!

Back when I was in the office, I noticed that it was dark and gloomy outside and knew that a storm was coming, but I thought I had enough time to get to the bus stop.

By the time my bus arrives close to my rented apartment, the rain should've stopped or be reduced to a drizzle. After all, it's summer and the rain comes and goes quickly.

I can't help but raise my middle finger at God. Helpless, I turn my head to look at the golden retriever by the door and casually say, "You didn't bring an umbrella as well?"

That was just a self-deprecating comment of mine, but the next moment I'm shocked.

The big golden retriever rolls its eyes at me.

It rolled its eyes at me.

Its eyes.

I knew it. This dog has some humanity in it! I look away and mutter.

I examine the storm outside again, wondering if I should just run to the bus stop.

I sniff and, considering how I haven't recovered fully from my cold, I hold back the urge.

Sigh, as a grown man, isn't it normal to only bring a phone, a transportation card, and a key access card?

Who would carry a bag and have an umbrella inside for no reason?

These days, I don't even keep change on me.

Forget it. I'll just go back to the office and kill time. I'll browse through websites and wait until the rain becomes a drizzle before I leave. If it really doesn't pan out as I expect, then I'll order takeout... I sigh and turn to walk to the elevator.